Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Best Around $200 Camera for Action Shots

I posted previously about my dissatisfaction with the Samsung SL420 being able to take "action" shots. I took the camera back. I was looking for the best around $200 camera for taking action shots. When I say around $200, I can g o a little higher than that.
    I primarily want to take pictures of my new dog and of other action scenes-also want to be able to take good pics of family. Any suggestions?

Jim

Re: Best Around $200 Camera for Action Shots

i know the best digital cameras for action shots are:Canon IXUS 80 IS,Canon PowerShot A590,Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX150,Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50, Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS,among these, i would like to recommand the Canson PowerShotA590,which i bought recently,is overall a terrific product.Action Shots, Beginners, Portraits, Indoor Use and Everyday Use,It has nice image stabilization. It has nice storage capacity.8.0 Megapixels, 4x Digital / 4x Optical Zoom, 2.5" LCD Display,,i believe it is a good choice of action shots,of course,the price is $86,it's really a good deal,worth of considering,here you can know the deal http://tinyurl.com/r6v8wr hope you like it!

Re: Best Around $200 Camera for Action Shots

the canon A590 is definiely a good buy. it's one of the few point and shoot canons that still has manual controls. i find manual controls are especially good for action shots because the usual "action" presets in a lot of cameras won't give you a fast enough shutter speed (in some conditions). with manual control of this you can go to the TV setting and give yourself a shutter speed of around 1/500 or more, which pretty much guarantees that you'll freeze any motion. for around $150 you can't go wrong. (i don't know about the $86 price from hgld. i've seen them for about $150-$200, sometimes less.)

whatever camera you buy, you should look for one with manual controls.

Thread Information