I am total beginner and new to this forum, so forgive the basic questions . I am moving from an Olympus dig. Camera to the Canon Power Shot Dig. Elph SD790 IS.

I have several hundred digital pictures stored on my PC ( Windows XP) that were taken on the Olympus FE-115 ( not a great camera, I know). We have just used the software that came with the Olympus - it is called "Olympus Master."

As far as I know the pictures are not store in a "my pictures" folder. In fact, I can't even find "my pictures" on my PC. Instead the Olympus pictures are store on the following path: C/docs & settings/jason/Application Data/Olympus/Olympus Master/Store.

I would like to uninstall the Olympus Master software, without losing any of my pictures.

I planned on creating a "my pictures" folder on my PC and moving the pictures from the above path to this new "my pictures" folder.

After I install the Canon "digital camera solution disk ver33.0" , I will be able to view my old pictures using the new Canon software, right ?? It contains ZoomBrowser, Photostitch and TWAIN driver 6.9 EOS Utility 1.1a

Basically, I just need help with the transition. I just don't want to lose any of the old pictures ( my wife will kill me) and want to get rid of the Olympus Master software.

thanks for any help.

Jason.