Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: B&H Photo Store

B&H Photo Store

Hello,

I will be visiting my sister in NYC in a couple of weeks and I have coincidentally found most of the information I wanted to purchase my first DSLR.

I saw that B7H Photo was on the recommended list for places to buy and thought since I will be in the city, why not get it direct from the store?

Has anyone been to the store and have any experience with them? I would certainly require a good amount of a clerks time helping me pick stuff out, but also plan to drop some coin as well.

Any suggestions or comments are always welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Re: B&H Photo Store

B&H is one of the best camera dealers in the world, whether you buy online or go to the store. And if you're a photographer, visiting the store is an important pilgrimage. Even if you don't plan to buy anything, the B&H store is worth visiting if you're going to be in New York City. It's a full city block and they have everything! One thing to keep in mind is that they are Hasidic Jews and the store is closed on Saturday. So don't plan to visit on Saturday.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    B&H is one of the best camera dealers in the world, whether you buy online or go to the store. And if you're a photographer, visiting the store is an important pilgrimage. Even if you don't plan to buy anything, the B&H store is worth visiting if you're going to be in New York City. It's a full city block and they have everything! One thing to keep in mind is that they are Hasidic Jews and the store is closed on Saturday. So don't plan to visit on Saturday.

What he said. I almost own stock in the company.

I have had excellent service through their online store.

Good idea. The bonus being that you will be able to save on shipping costs and, more importantly, time since B&H won't have your money for 4-6 weeks before shipping the camera.

Thread Information