Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Auto Focus on the Fritz

Hi Everyone!
    My family recently started having problems with their digital camera (sony cybershot 5.0mp). As I am a film girl myself, I have no clue what to tell them. All of a sudden, the AF has been pretty much non-existant. The last 30 or so pictures have all been blurry. Any help you could give me would be great, as it's my mom's camera, and she wants her annual holiday pictures. Thanks!

Settings?

Is there a manual focus switch? Is it possible that it's been switched to manual focus without anyone noticing? Or is it stuck in macro focusing mode? Those are the first two things I'd check. It's possible that it is broken. How old is the camera? Was it dropped? Has it been exposed to a lot of moisture?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Settings?

I'd also check put all settings to default, and see if maybe some settings were messed with

Thread Information