Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Archangel Michael - Prayer for Protection

Archangel Michael is the most revered of angels in Jewish, Christian and Islamic scriptures and tradition. In the Old Testament Archangel Michael figures as the guardian of Israel. He appeared to Joshua as he prepared to lead the Israelites into battle at Jericho and revealed himself as “captain of the hosts of the Lord.”

In one of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Michael is the “mighty, ministering angel” through whom God promises to “send perpetual help” to the sons of light. In Catholic tradition, he is the patron and protector of the Church. In Muslim lore, he is Mika'il, the angel of nature who provides both food and knowledge to man.

Re: Archangel Michael - Prayer for Protection

In the name of the beloved mighty victorious Presence of God, I AM in me, and my very own beloved Holy Christ Self, I call to Archangel Michael and his angels. I command you to [insert your personal prayer]. I ask that my prayers be multiplied for the consolation of all souls who are in distress. I thank you and I accept it done this hour in full power, according to the will of God.

Prayer is a powerful thing. It should not be underestimated. The joke is often made among believers: Don’t pray for patience… because God will give you opportunities to exercise it. Yes, God will send every imaginable test to your patience, if you ask for it. In prayer, God takes us at face value. If we ask, he will answer. If we knock, he will open the door. If we seek something, he will let us find it.

In similar fashion, if we pray to the Holy-One Michael, who is hailed in the Sacred Scriptures as the great commander of God’s angelic forces, he will come with sword in hand, separating good from evil and truth from darkness. If petitioned, Michael will come and he will fight against any and all evil. And so, as his presence is sought, we have to be ready for him to expose and fight even against the evil within ourselves and within the leadership of our Church.

In appealing to Saint Michael, we have to be aware of what we are asking. He will come, defend the righteous in battle, protect the innocent, rebuke the wicked, and cast into hell all that is against God and his holiness.

And so, we pray for Saint Michael to come. We ask him for his help and purification. We pray for his work and purgation among us.

A Mother's Prayer to the Guardian Angels of her children. I humbly salute you, O you faithful, heavenly Friends of my children! I give you heartfelt thanks for all the love and goodness you show them. At some future day I shall, with thanks more worthy than I can now give, repay your care for them, and before the whole heavenly court acknowledge their indebtedness to your guidance and protection. Continue to watch over them. Provide for all their needs of body and soul. Pray, likewise, for me, for my husband, and my whole family, that we may all one day rejoice in your blessed company.

Thread Information