Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

alaris e-snap help?

i know the alaris e-snap camera provided with some new earthlink subscriptions has had some serious performance problems with consumer use. just for the record mine has performed admirably under duress, i have children don't you know. have never had one complication with its use.until now. i used to have the owners publication supplied with the camera but after a couple of moves and lack of organization have lost it. i would greatly appreciate it if someone that new how to erase capture shots from the cameras memory could please refresh my memory. i seem to recall something about holding buttons at initial turn on but alas am without success in my efforts. as everyone probably knows alaris is not a very supported product for as wide a use platform as it gets.maybe there would be less confusion with more tech support. i thank you in advance for your time and or the information. jamzjozf1

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Well...

I doubt you will get any response here. I'd bet no one else has even heard of this camera. If you like digital, there are plently of low priced name brand digitals out there that will, more than likely, outperform this camera.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jamzjozf1
    i know the alaris e-snap camera provided with some new earthlink subscriptions has had some serious performance problems with consumer use. just for the record mine has performed admirably under duress, i have children don't you know. have never had one complication with its use.until now. i used to have the owners publication supplied with the camera but after a couple of moves and lack of organization have lost it. i would greatly appreciate it if someone that new how to erase capture shots from the cameras memory could please refresh my memory. i seem to recall something about holding buttons at initial turn on but alas am without success in my efforts. as everyone probably knows alaris is not a very supported product for as wide a use platform as it gets.maybe there would be less confusion with more tech support. i thank you in advance for your time and or the information. jamzjozf1
    Look at this link maybe someone there might be able to help you out, or send you in the right direction at least.

http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/...s10/11818.html

Quote Originally Posted by jamzjozf1
    I too have one of these cameras. Haven't used it much and find it very flaky. Lately, plugging in the USB cable causes it to freeze up; have to remove the batteries and wait a while before firing it up again. The PC doesn't recognize the USB device type, can't associate it with the Alaris e-snap drivers and wants to install new drivers. Even got a couple of dreaded BSoDs (Blue Screen of Death), which are pretty rare in Win2K.

Stumbled onto this forum looking for advice or help on dealing with the problems I'm having with this Piece-O-Crap. (As a long-term unemployed greybeard software dude, this digital camera is the only one I expect to have for quite some time to come.)

Anyway, to answer your question, page 14 of the manual says to press and hold the Flash and Self-Timer buttons simultaneously for about three seconds. When the memory is cleared, the display will read "00"

Thread Information