• 06-03-2010, 10:40 AM
    Liz
    Purchased the VF-2 for E-PL1!
    I've used the E-PL1 in the sun many times and didn't have much of a problem seeing the images on the LCD screen although I've had to shade it with my hand from time to time - or move a bit into the shade.

I had a different expeience on Sunday. I was in NYC for Fleetweek on the deck of the Intrepid - and I don't know whether it was the bright (summer) noon-day sun, the water and/or reflections, the fact there was no shade, or whatever - but I could not see the images on the LCD screen much at all. I had to guess what I was framing and was a bit frustrated - and very surprised since my prior experience was a lot better.

So, I got home and ordered the VF-2. I had been on the fence about it for a while, but I didn't want to go through that experience again.

It just arrived! I'll update everyone when I take it out over the weekend.

Liz
  • 06-03-2010, 03:16 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: Purchased the VF-2 for E-PL1!
    Good move, Liz. It just stays on the camera all the time for me. While I'm sure it makes a big difference in the sun, the bigger reason is it adds a third point of contact when I'm taking pictures and that means steadier photos. It makes a huge difference for video and has made the E-PL1 my current camera of choice for video.
  • 06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Good move, Liz. It just stays on the camera all the time for me. While I'm sure it makes a big difference in the sun, the bigger reason is it adds a third point of contact when I'm taking pictures and that means steadier photos. It makes a huge difference for video and has made the E-PL1 my current camera of choice for video.

That's encouraging news! I also did not realize that you could leave the LCD off (saving battery) and see the information from the VF. I think you can also view different angles. This is getting better and better! I do believe I made the right decision!

Liz
  • 06-04-2010, 06:42 AM
    havana_joe
    Oooh, please do post more information once you've used it a bit more, I'm considering buying it as well.
  • 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by havana_joe
    Oooh, please do post more information once you've used it a bit more, I'm considering buying it as well.

I took the E-PL1 out with the VF-2 attached. All I can say it that it is AMAZING! It is so bright, all the info is right there, and what a difference. I thought it would take some learning and/or or getting used to! However, it is very easy to use - just slip it on the camera and use it.

I think this will be glued to my E-PL1 from now on. I absolutely love it and don't know how I did without it. I just used the LCD once and that was to check the same image on both. It was expensive, but well worth the money IMO.

Liz
  • 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
    havana_joe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    I took the E-PL1 out with the VF-2 attached. All I can say it that it is AMAZING! It is so bright, all the info is right there, and what a difference. I thought it would take some learning and/or or getting used to! However, it is very easy to use - just slip it on the camera and use it.

I think this will be glued to my E-PL1 from now on. I absolutely love it and don't know how I did without it. I just used the LCD once and that was to check the same image on both. It was expensive, but well worth the money IMO.

Liz

Sweet! I am saving my pennies for one. I'm hoping the price comes down a little, but either way I plan to get one in about a month or two...
  • 06-07-2010, 03:23 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Sweet! I am saving my pennies for one. I'm hoping the price comes down a little, but either way I plan to get one in about a month or two...

You will really like it. I was amazed with the light and clarity of this VF.

I hope you get it soon, but it's worth waiting for. And maybe the price will come down - it probably will.

Liz
  • 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM
    havana_joe
    Liz, where did you order it from? I may have stumbled into some extra dollars and may just go ahead and get one. I looked at B&H, they are out of stock...
  • 06-09-2010, 01:58 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Liz, where did you order it from? I may have stumbled into some extra dollars and may just go ahead and get one. I looked at B&H, they are out of stock...

It looks like most places are out of stock - but you can keep trying. I would try every day or more than once a day at online reputable dealers.

I purchased mine from opticaloceansales.com (ran into this website in error). They only had one - not sure they're getting more in. It was $269 (on sale).

Precision-Camera (reputable dealer) ran out of stock - but should be getting them in soon - less expensive - $249

http://www.precision-camera.com/main...iewfinder.html

More reputable dealers that I've dealt with.

J&R - no tax unless in NY
    http://www.jr.com/olympus/pe/OLM_VF2/

Samys - nice dealer
    http://www.samys.com/index/page/prod...-2+%28Black%29

Good luck!

Liz
  • 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
    havana_joe
    Thanks Liz! You can always sell me mine if you want! ;-)
  • 06-09-2010, 02:08 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Thanks Liz! You can always sell me mine if you want! ;-)

Thanks for the offer, but no! :D

I suggested you try often because when an item is this popular, it's good to keep watch. That's how I found mine......

Liz
  • 11-11-2010, 08:14 AM
    havana_joe
    Going to order this 12/10 when I get my next bonus. Prices have come down and it's in stock; should still be available then, right?
  • 11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Going to order this 12/10 when I get my next bonus. Prices have come down and it's in stock; should still be available then, right?

Yes, I would think so - after all this time!

You will love it! It is always on my camera and I prefer to use it 90% of the time. :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 12-11-2010, 09:30 PM
    humpty
    Once your used to an EVF, it's too late. I just can't get used to holding a camera in front of me anymore. And It affects the next camera purchase.