• 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nikon 1 AW1 Waterproof Mirrorless - Preview
    I've had the AW1 for a couple of weeks now. I've got a bunch of product shots of it and some photos I shot with it so I thought I should post a hands-on preview article:

Nikon 1 AW1 Waterproof Mirrorless Camera Preview >>

I'm also working on some plans to send it out with a pro ski photographer and take it diving in the next week. No mercy for the AW1 :)

Attachment 92458
  • 12-06-2013, 12:01 PM
    bitflogger
    Re: Nikon 1 AW1 Waterproof Mirrorless - Preview
    Thanks for the update.

I still think of my almost getting one every time you post about it but I'm very happy adding 70D, STM lens and shotgun mico to my Canon system.

Rev B or the evolution of this or its competition should be what I'd love.

I redeemed airline miles for an Olympus TG-2 in the meanwhile - a different animal than AW1 or my SLR but should be great for letting the kids take it and ease of carry.

Your dive report is something I look forward to - especially how it fares with snorkeling and no image stabilization.

Thanks again.
  • 12-06-2013, 12:51 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bitflogger View Post
    Your dive report is something I look forward to - especially how it fares with snorkeling and no image stabilization.

I think we're booked for a dive on Sunday. I'm not a diver but I'm going with a friend who is. I'll be taking the Olympus TG-1 so I can get pictures of the AW1 underwater. I think the diver will bring a GoPro, too. Should be interesting. We're going to a place called "The Crater." It's a non-active geyser hot springs in Midway, Utah. The bored a tunnel through the side and put a little dock in it because the walls are sheer from the opening at the top to the bottom of the springs, which I think is about 60 feet down. I swam there once before, about 8 years ago. It's a funky place and should be great for photos and video :)
  • 12-10-2013, 05:17 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nikon AW1 Duve Test Completed!
    We took the camera out to "The Crater" on Sunday and took the AW1 down to 20 feet below the surface and it survived. I wrote a short article with a bunch of photos of the camera in action along with a video of underwater footage shot with the AW1:

Nikon 1 AW1 Underwater Dive Test Video >>

Attachment 92494

I've always been impressed with the performance of the Nikon 1 cameras. I was never really comfortable with the image quality compromise, though. With the added underwater capabilities in the AW1, though, I think they've really got a winner on their hands.
  • 02-13-2015, 10:10 PM
    michalopher
    I am also using nikon camera and its quality is awesome .
  • 03-16-2015, 05:18 AM
    abeha
    e're going to a place called "The Crater." It's a non-active geyser hot springs in Midway, Utah. The bored a tunnel through the side and put a little dock
  • 05-02-2015, 05:08 PM
    farsidefan1
    Ah yes, the crater. It is 64 feet deep. I go there to get sharpened up on dive skills before major trips. I''m amazed they have a camera the quality of a Nikon that can go down 20 feet without a housing. Housings can cost thousands - of course they can go down far deeper but still, very impressive!
  • 07-29-2015, 01:09 AM
    Jackieliu396
    Cuase Nikon 1 seems to be great, where can i get it?
  • 07-31-2015, 11:18 AM
    Franglais
    I got mine from a discount store. It seems like it's getting near end-of-life and there are some bargains around. I shall write a review of it in the Nikon forum
  • 10-12-2015, 12:18 AM
    greemesmith87
    ok i agree with you
  • 05-07-2016, 10:40 PM
    seokeys4
    I don't think so that it is a Bad Idea.........
  • 06-21-2016, 02:15 AM
    vuaphukienso
    And I don't want to leave the other players out. Here are links to some Samsung and Sony EVIL camera action: