Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Thread: T2i

T2i

Just bought a T2i about a week ago and am trying to get the time to go out and shoot with it for a while. It was an upgrade from my 20D which has gotten a little long in the tooth and is in need of service. Anyway I am going to try to start getting out and shooting more after a long absence.

I was wondering what others that have gotten it think so far?
    We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.
    Edward Gibbon

Canon T2i
    Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
    Canon Speedlight 220EX

Re: T2i

Going from the 20D to the T2i is a huge upgrade! Congratulations. I checked and we don't have any user reviews for the T2i yet. It has been in the top five most viewed DSLR rview pages for a while though. And it has a very good user rating, even if no one has written a review yet. Here's a link to that review page:

Canon EOS Rebel T2i / 550D User Reviews >>

Maybe this will prompt someone to write a review.

Even though we don't have any user reviews yet, I think I can give you some feedback. The videographer community is in love with the T2i since it offers excellent video capabilities for such a low price. I haven't used it myself, but I've used the 7D a lot. I bought the 7D as soon as it was available and the T2i is basically a 7D lite. It has the same sensor and video capabilities. I'm very happy with my 7D both for stills and video. I think the image quality is very good. It's not 5D Mk II good. But it's a solid step up from the 50D that I replaced. And from your 20D it's got to be a stratospheric change.

Did you have any specific questions about the camera or were you just generally wondering about it? If you have specific questions, go ahead and ask. The T2i does have a bunch of features your 20D doesn't have - Live View, video, sensor cleaning, better LCD, better auto focus, etc. And when you feel you've used it enough to know it, please write a review for your camera. Your reviews are the foundation of this site
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: T2i

I will post a review as soon as I can shoot enough to form an opinion. This is a fairly big step up from my 20D so I expect to be a little WOW'd in part becuase of the advances and in part because I really do believe my 20D needed a visit to the shop. The focus was a little off and it always seemed to under expose a little.
    We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.
    Edward Gibbon

Canon T2i
    Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
    Canon Speedlight 220EX

Thread Information