Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

New DSLR/Canon XS owner Need some advice.

Hey Guys,

I am new to the world of DSLR's Ive messed with my friends and liked it a lot so that's why I decided to go with the canon XS.

Now I got a new kit for a good deal so I have the kit lens but I wanted to get a couple other lenses. Namely a walk arround lens with nice zoom and a fisheye lens.

The 2 lenses im considering for my walk arround is the Canon 55-250mm IS IS f/4-5.6 or the Sigma 55-200mm now I am leaning toward the Canon because of the IS but The Sigma is less and I have heard its a good lens for what it is.

For my Fisheye I was thinking about the ZENITAR 16mm f/2.8 because I have heard good things about it but I am open to ther lenses if anyone else had any suggestions

I am really excited to get my camera and can't wait to start shooting.

Re: New DSLR/Canon XS owner Need some advice.

Welcome to the site!

What kind of stuff are you planning to shoot and how much money do you have to spend? Depending on what you want to do, I might recommend spending your money on one better lens instead of two. Do you really need an actual fisheye lens or are you just looking for a really wide angle-of-view? Fisheye lenses distort a lot and I believe the Zenit is made for full frame / 35mm cameras so it would be more like a 25mm lens on your camera.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information