Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Administrator

X-Rite i1 Display Monitor Color Calibration Line - Press Release

X-Rite i1Display Products Unveil Affordability With Uncompromised Color Accuracy To Broader Audience at PMA 07
    GretagMacbeth-Combined Innovation and Technology Showcased in Monitor Color Calibration Line For Enthusiasts and Pros Alike At Booth B-191

LAS VEGAS, NV – Photo Marketing Association (PMA®) International Trade Show – March 1st, 2007 – X-Rite Incorporated, a global leader and internationally known name in color technology, unveils its dynamic X-Rite i1®Display hardware/software monitor calibration solutions for the growing digital imaging market – including a first-ever look at the latest X-Rite i1Display monitor calibration offering for enthusiasts, X-Rite i1®DisplayLT – at the Photo Marketing Association (PMA®) International Convention Trade Show, March 8 – 11, 2007 in Las Vegas. The All-New X-Rite i1Display family of products is the result of a merger with fellow world-class color technology developer GretagMacbeth. Visitors to the X-Rite Booth B-191 have an opportunity to explore these enhanced color management display systems where ease-of-use and affordability no longer have to compromise color accuracy and versatility. All functionality is made user friendly through wizard-driven technology that delivers exceptional color control functionality at breakthrough price points. With X-Rite i1-Match software, digital imaging enthusiasts as well as social photographers can breeze through calibration processes with a state-of-the-art colorimeter and can upgrade effortlessly as their color management needs expand. In addition, X-Rite i1Display products come complete with a compact X-Rite i1Display colorimeter for emissive color measurements of LCD, CRT and laptop displays; A detachable ambient light head to capture ambient light measurements and to protect against dust and other contaminants; A method of easy attachment to both LCD and CRT monitors with built-in counterweight and suction cups; and USB powered use at multiple workstations, with no additional licensing fee.

Setting the stage for true-to-life colors from the start, the X-Rite i1DisplayLT delivers an accurately profiled monitor with unrivaled controls so that enthusiasts and other digital imaging prosumers can be sure of precise onscreen color. Features of the entry level X-Rite i1DisplayLT include: Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better-defined grays; An ambient light check to determine optimal room lighting for color-critical work; A profile reminder to ensure true and reliable color over time; Push Button Calibration (PBC), X-Rite’s one-step profiling process for industry-leading monitors; and Before and after images that highlight instant results.

PMA attendees also can learn first-hand how simple it is to upgrade to the X-Rite i1®Display2. This step-up for the pro-user is an award-winning monitor calibration solution that offers easy- and advance-mode Wizards. It has all the functionality of the X-Rite i1DisplayLT and leverages an enhanced X-Rite i1Display colorimeter sensor to power higher repeatability, faster measurements and higher sensitivity in the dark areas for better control in shadow detail and more neutral gray scale. The lightweight, sleek design comes with an ambient light head that easily snaps onto the device, also acting as a dust protector. Both display products are excellent choices for the photo and design education market.

Photographers and other digital imaging professionals can learn how to ensure exceptional performance for the most accurate monitor calibration in today’s digital workflow by viewing the X-Rite i1Display2 at PMA 07, which delivers all the benefits of the X-Rite i1DisplayLT plus:A Workgroup Match function to ensure excellent color control in collaborative production environments by utilizing reference profiles that match all monitors in a workgroup; Unlimited gamma white point and luminance settings including native gamma and measure luminance as targets for superior color balancing; and
    Validation functionality that delivers monitor validation and trending graphs.

As PMA’s marketing research reveals, the photo imaging is growing at a remarkable rate, currently an impressive $87 billion industry worldwide. As this digital market evolves and the creative processes it embodies become streamlined, the demand for accurate, easy to use color solutions across media has increased as well. All X-Rite i1Display products on view at this year’s show were designed to meet these needs, with exceptional and affordable functionality for both the discerning digital imaging enthusiast and the professional.

About X-Rite (NASDAQ: XRIT) X-Rite, which recently acquired GretagMacbeth, is the global leader in color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, dental and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Visit www.xrite.com for more information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X-Rite i1 Display Monitor Color Calibration Line - Press Release-1.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information