Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Two New Konica Minolta Zoom Lenses - Press Release

Konica Minolta Announces Two New Zoom Lenses

Each designed to provide optimum image quality when used with the new digital SLR, the first is the Konica Minolta AF ZOOM 17 – 35 mm F2.8 – 4 (D) and the second Konica Minolta AF ZOOM 28 – 75 mm F2.8 (D).

Features
    1. Large aperture zoom lens and wide-angle zoom lens with stunning performance. Both new zoom lenses offer superior handling characteristics making them ideal in a diverse range of shooting situations.
    2. Beautiful defocused image thanks to a circular aperture. Using a round aperture enhances the defocused image with smooth gradations and depicts natural scenes perfectly.
    3. Distance encoder incorporated for accurate, high-precision ADI* flash metering
      When attached to the Dynax7D/Maxxum7D, the new lenses provide additional information on in-lens focus distance calculations, which is used to further enhance the flash lighting performance and exposure accuracy when using either the built-in flash or the external flash units such as the “Program Flash 5600HS(D),” “Program Flash 3600HS(D),” or the “2500(D).”
      * ADI (Advanced Distance Integration)
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Question I am looking at the Konica Minolta's Z2 and Z3

the big thing I like is the optical zoom and it sounds like the Z3 has antishake, but my big question is how do they handle in lowlight conditions. I am taking my son to a show where the stage is pretty bright (too far back for flash) and I'm wondering if withhout a tripod if either can give me decent pics? It sounds like the Z3 more cause I'm likely to use the zoom alot. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated???

Digital Cameras Forum

Merri-
    You should repost your question on the Digital Cameras Forum. This forum is mostly press releases. You're not likely to get the answers you need here. That said, Anti Shake will help with the kind of photos you're talking about. I fact, that's sort of the ideal situation to take advantage of it. I'm not saying it's a guarantee. But it should help you get better photos in an auditorium.

I need to update the Konica Minolta cameras listed on this site. I'll get that done later today and see if I can't drum up some reviews for those cameras. In the meantime, you can check reviews on the 8 megapixel Konica Minolta A2 and 3 megapixel Konica Minolta Z1 to get an idea of what people think about the Anti Shake technology. Here's a link to our digital camera review section:

http://www.pcphotoreview.com/Cameras/PSC_3784crx.aspx

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information