Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional Slide Film - Press Release

FUJIFILM INTRODUCES FUJICHROME PROVIA 400X PROFESSIONAL

New Film Features Improved Color Saturation and Image Stability, Finer Grain

Valhalla, NY, February 14, 2006 - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. announces the introduction of Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional film at the PMA 2006 Annual Convention and Trade Show. The new high-speed color reversal film delivers new levels of color saturation, ultra-fine grain, rich tone reproduction and improved color image stability. Fujichrome Provia 400X features Epitaxial Sigma Crystal Technology for ultra-fine grain (RMS: 11) along with new generation couplers and new color correction technology for excellent performance and image stability. The new film will replace Fujichrome Provia 400F, a favorite among professionals for commercial and fashion photography.

"Fujichrome Provia Professional films are highly regarded among professional photographers for their versatility and quality," said Christian Fridholm, Director of Marketing, Professional Films, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. "We 're proud to demonstrate our commitment to photographers by delivering technological and performance improvements in our new Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional film."

Features
    Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional provides photographers with these outstanding features:

Brilliant color reproduction-Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional provides new levels of color saturation in ISO 400 class films.

Ultra-fine grain-Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional provides exceptionally fine grain for a 400 speed color reversal film (RMS: 11).

Rich tone reproduction-Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional produces smooth and continuous gradation from highlights to shadows, providing pleasing skin tone reproduction.

Improved color image stability-Fujichrome Provia 400X incorporates new-generation color couplers for significantly improved long-term color image stability (anti-fading characteristics) compared to current 400 speed color reversal films.

Technologies
    Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional incorporates the following Fujifilm technologies:

ESC (Epitaxial Sigma Crystal) Technology- This technology provides Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional with its ultra -fine grain (RMS: 11) combined with its high sensitivity (ISO 400).

PSHC (Pure, Stable and High-performance dye-forming Coupler) Technology-The new-generation couplers used in Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional provide high color purity, stability and color formation efficiency, resulting in excellent image stability. This technology forms the basis for the high color saturation performance of Provia 400X.

MCCL (Multi-Color Correction Layer) Technology-The multi-color correction layers incorporated in Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional enable natural skin tones suitable for fashion work or portraiture while delivering highly saturated colors.

Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional will be available on an inventory turnover basis beginning late summer 2006.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional Slide Film - Press Release

Let's Hear It For Fuji!
    Hip, Hip, HOORAH!
    Hip, Hip, HOORAH!
    Hip, Hip, HOORAH!
    Thanks John!

Brian
    Film, It's GOOD!
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

RMS 11 That (one paper at least) Makes it finer than K64!

And who said film was dead. THANK YOU FUJI.

http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID17/15683.html
    http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID17/15674.html
    Guy there taken some shots with it, also he used a ZF 85mm lens , thats got to be the most modern film setup I have seen.

Provia 400F was easily the best ISO200 or higher slide film out there. I took some shots with it and Provia 100F in bright sunlight and had a really hard time telling them apart. Hard to imagine that they improved on 400F, but I still have a film body and will have to try it.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

With my limited film experiance, I have become a big fan of Provia 400F, other than the price. I can't wait to give this new version a try.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Question Re: Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional Slide Film - Press Release

Hello !!!
    Any idea about the delivery date ???
    i need really hardly to test that film with my F6 .
    Thanks for answer

Alby

Found more http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&...ia+400x&m=text

I am surprised that none has shown up on eBay yet, somone in Japan would probably make a killing there from somone over here, silly enough to pay though the nose for it!

Thread Information