Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

ExpoImaging announces ExpoCap white balance filter - Press Release

ExpoCap White Balance Filter "Ends the Blues" for Digital Cameras
    -- Affordable Solution Improves Color in Time for Holiday Picture Taking

MORGAN HILL, CA (November 8, 2005) - Finally there's a solution that can end the "blues" for fixed lens prosumer and entry-level digital SLR cameras at the point of capture. It's called ExpoCap from ExpoImaging www.expoimaging.net.

Millions of people will find digital cameras under their Christmas tree in 2005, or break them out to take holiday season photos -- and a large number of those people will continue to take pictures with cool, bluish tones and poor skin color.

ExpoCap is an affordable white balance filter that solves this problem by helping the camera to reproduce more pleasing and natural color than the camera's own built-in color functions can produce. The modest warming of the resulting image is similar to what is achieved by shooting through a traditional Skylight filter. Not only does ExpoCap give users natural color at capture, it saves them many hours color correcting with photo editing software.

The ExpoCap Custom White Balance Aid is available in 52mm, 58mm, 67mm and 77mm filter sizes for the most popular prosumer and DSLR cameras. It has a suggested retail price from $59.95 to $79.95, and is available now at specialty photo dealers nationwide, or online at www.expocap.com.

Each ExpoCap is constructed of a durable black aluminum ring mount securing compensating filters between the front and back white lens elements. Designed to fit over the end of the lens during the custom white balance procedure, the new ExpoCap may be quickly secured in place by means of squeezing two small buttons on the exterior of the filter ring.

"Consumers stepping up to a prosumer or DSLR camera for the first time are looking for better performance, better results, and more creative control over their images," said Erik Sowder, ExpoImaging President. "But as good as the new digital cameras have become at delivering crisp, clean images, you simply cannot beat the color of a good custom white balance."

The ExpoCap Custom White Balance Aid is available at retail outlets nationwide.

About ExpoImaging

ExpoImaging (formerly known as ExpoDisc, Inc.) was founded in 1980, and is the pioneer in digital white balance filters. ExpoImaging's other digital workflow products are available at photography dealers nationwide, or online at www.expoimaging.net.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Re: ExpoImaging announces ExpoCap white balance filter - Press Release

What to check the prices again, I just look and the are well over $100 for the lens size I have. This is a huge amount of money to fork out for something that you might not have tried first. Think very carefully before purchasing and if possible try before you buy. I think the products sound very interesting, but to purchase here in Australia only 1 place I found is Retail and they charge like a Wounded Bull.

Have One

I've got one for review but haven't had a chance to actually write the review. For the average photographer I don't think it would be worth the investment. But for anyone doing lots of portraits or studio work, it rocks. I made a custom white balance in less than a minute, for my studio product photography. That white balance is all I use in the studio now. I had my doubts. But it's awesome and it saves me time and therefore makes me money. Good product and worth the money.

That's my quickie review
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: ExpoImaging announces ExpoCap white balance filter - Press Release

If the effect is similar, what advantage has this filter over the cheaper skylight?

Thread Information