Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Costco Photo Contest

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyone have any info on were to enter your pictures for the Costco contest? They don't provide much information, except to just announce their contest. Thanks.

Anybody know anything??

Liz

Red face I apologize.......

Yesterday I went to Costo.com website (I'm a member) and checked the whole photography area, customer service, etc. for info for you. Nada!

I should have posted that I did that so you would know that people were interested. However, it was late last night, and I was lazy........and went to bed.

I would suggest you call their 800 number (it's listed on their website). I've called before - and if you get the right person, hit the right time - you may get the info there! I've had good results trying it that way. IMO they have a rather non-pro website for such a big organization.

Liz

Thanks for your effort on trying to help. I'll try what you've suggested.

Costco photo contest

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal
    Thanks for your effort on trying to help. I'll try what you've suggested.

If your referring to the Costco "Give us your best Shot" photo contest 2004, unfortunately the contest is only open to Costco employees and spouses.

Cool Costco Photo Contest Followup (Correct entry info)

CORRECTION FOR the post stating the Costco Photography "Give us your best shot" contest being open only to employees & their families.

The GIVE US YOUR BEST SHOT competition is OPEN TO ANY COSTCO MEMBERr, it is NOT open to employees or employee family members.

I have a copy of the entry form ,rules, etc. a full page ad in my recent costco magazine; however, I have also seen the 'free sheets' w/rules/etc. on the counter in the film processing area as well. The entries must be 4x6 or 5x7. Head out to Costco now, as the postmark date is September 30, 2004.

I didn't see a response to this email, so thought I'd followup.

nina

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. Anyone have any info on were to enter your pictures for the Costco contest? They don't provide much information, except to just announce their contest. Thanks.

Hi! If you're a costco member then you can enter the contest. It is entitled "give us our best shot ohot cobtest 2004.

Contest starts July 1 and postmarked no later than Sept 30, 2004.

Send entry to
    Costco Photo Contest
    PO Box 34088
    Seattle, WA 98124-1088
    attn: Dorothy Strakele

If you need more info email me at msclover95@aol

Sorry for not responding sooner but this is my first visit to this site since my last posting. I too have an entry form directly in front of me and on the back of the form is the rules that clearly state that the contest is only open for Costco employees and spouses. My husband has been a manager for Costco for over 17 years, and unless the contest is split into two seperate winning catagories for employees and members, I think there may be some confusion on your part. I had him check and he confirmed it is only open for employees and thier spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by neens_wa
    CORRECTION FOR the post stating the Costco Photography "Give us your best shot" contest being open only to employees & their families.

The GIVE US YOUR BEST SHOT competition is OPEN TO ANY COSTCO MEMBERr, it is NOT open to employees or employee family members.

I have a copy of the entry form ,rules, etc. a full page ad in my recent costco magazine; however, I have also seen the 'free sheets' w/rules/etc. on the counter in the film processing area as well. The entries must be 4x6 or 5x7. Head out to Costco now, as the postmark date is September 30, 2004.

I didn't see a response to this email, so thought I'd followup.

nina

Thread Information