Camera News and Rumors

Photography news and announcements for new digital cameras, film cameras, SLR lenses, and photography software.

New Camera and Photography News Section >>

Canon USA Announces New President - Press Release

CANON U.S.A., INC. ANNOUNCES NEW PRESIDENT AND CEO

Yoroku Adachi Appointed President and CEO of Canon U.S.A., Inc.,
    Kinya Uchida to Serve as Advisor at Canon Inc. in Tokyo

LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., April 1, 2005 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquarters for Canon operations in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean, has announced the appointment of Yoroku Adachi as the company’s new President and CEO effective today. Adachi has also been named a Managing Director on Canon Inc.’s Board of Directors.

Canon U.S.A., Inc.’s current President and CEO, Kinya Uchida, will return to Canon Inc. to serve as Advisor at the Company’s Tokyo headquarters. Uchida was appointed President and CEO of Canon U.S.A., Inc. in 1999. Under his leadership, Canon U.S.A.’s sales and revenues grew 16 percent from 1999 through 2004.

“My time as President and CEO of Canon U.S.A. was one of the most rewarding experiences of my career,” said Uchida. “It has been an honor and a privilege to work with the many employees, clients and customers I have met during my time here. Together, we have accomplished a great deal. I am confident Mr. Adachi will continue to expand on this success,” added Uchida.

“I look forward with great enthusiasm to my new assignment as President and CEO of Canon U.S.A.,” said Adachi. “I am grateful to Mr. Uchida for building a strong foundation here in the Americas. I will work tirelessly to continue to expand on Canon U.S.A.’s product offerings, portfolio of services, and relationships with dealers and customers. There are tremendous challenges and opportunities here in North America. With the help and support of all employees, I know we will achieve great things in the future.”

Adachi joined Canon Inc. in 1970, and worked at Canon U.S.A. from 1978 through 1992. He returned to Canon Inc. in 1992, and in 1993 was named General Manager of the Photo Products Marketing Management Division. In 1997 he became Deputy Group Executive of the Photo Products Group.

In 1998, Adachi was named President of Canon Canada, where he led the Company through the transition from analog to digital products and revitalized the distribution channels for the Company’s office imaging systems operation.

Adachi was appointed President and CEO of Canon China and Canon Hong Kong, and Chairman of Canon Singapore in 2001. Adachi led Canon’s Asian operations during a time of tremendous growth throughout the region. Under his leadership, sales in Asia increased 61 percent, from $1,460 million in 2001 to $2,350 million in 2004. Sales in China grew 75 percent, from $258 million in 2001 to $451 million in 2004.

For more information, please visit www.usa.canon.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information