Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Seeking Professional Advice

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joe, and I about to buy my first SLR...which Rocks. I am looking at this Handsome Rebel XTI with a sexy Canon 17-85 IS USM Lens. My question is, have any of you guys ever heard of the company I am considering buying from?

http://www.shopdigitalcorp.com/

I want to do all of my research before I make my purchase, and this company seems to offer pricing well below everyone else that I have seen for this product. Not only do the item prices seem to be really good...but they carry a ton of accessories to go with my camera.

So I came to the pro's at photographyreview.com to get the skinny on this company, before I go lay out $1,000 on my new camera. And maybe to get some opinions on their business, if any of you have had past experiences.

I really am looking forward to buying my new camera, the money is almost burning a hole in my pocket. Everything I have read so far sounds positive, and I'm just looking for that last, "Yeah, their pricing is low, and the items are as promised..." kindof statement, before I go ahead with my purchase.

Thanks for your comments in advance,

Joe

Re: Seeking Professional Advice

You might consider checking out Adorama, or B&H, their prices are good, just a little more than shopdigitalcorp, but they are great stores, located in new york, and they might price match.

watch out for "grey market" equipment, same product, different warranty.

As for me, when I buy a DSLR, i'll be going through BH or adorama, it would be $30 more to go through adorama than the shopdigitalcorp, but that $30 is an insignificant discount on $1000+. Check out www.resellerratings.com, shopdigitalcorp only has 1 review.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

This thread should probably go in the dealer feedback or slr forum.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Resellerratings.com gives them a decent rating... but as I have never heard of them I wouldnt personally trust giving them $1k of my money... Adorama and B&H are good ways to go... I personally deal with Allens Camera in PA though for better prices and real shipping cost... a TON friendlier also...
    Ross Mealey of TRJ Photography
    Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum Staff Photographer
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon, Sigma, Mamiya, Toyo,and Rodenstock-Sironar

My Railroad Photography

Liz

I agree with the others - if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

I buy most of my equipment through B&H. Their reputation is impeccable. If there is a problem you can return the camera or whatever within 14 days and there is no restocking fee - most places charge restocking fees. Although you don't expect to return it, it's important to know that they stand behind their products.

It's worth it to spend a few dollars for reputable dealers. B&H does have better prices than many other stores.

Liz

Thanks guys for the input. I have looked into adorama, which appears very similar to

http://www.shopdigitalcorp.com

B&H and adorama both have similar products. Even the online store layouts are similar.

Hmm..I am going to put another week or so worth of research in, and see what happens.

And to thank you guys for the help, if I make a purchase from these guys, I'll come back and give you an update, if these guys are scammers, or if they are legit, with low pricing.

Thanks again,

Joe.

Thread Information