Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: ritz camera.com

ritz camera.com

Has anyone have any experience in ordering cameras from Ritz camera.com. They have the powershot s45 on clearance for 329.99 ?

thanks
    Dennis

Liz

Dennis.......I would suggest

asking this question on Helpfiles also since people mostly come here to get the feedback.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by dennis
    Has anyone have any experience in ordering cameras from Ritz camera.com. They have the powershot s45 on clearance for 329.99 ?

thanks
    Dennis

ejm

Re: ritz camera.com

I won an auction on eBay from Ritzcamera, that was this past Monday. I spend three days on the telephone, some at my expense. I was told I would be called back numerous times and had one call in all that time. I was told to wait for a fax and after two hours phoned to find out they can't send faxes. I tried going through their checkout numerous times which maxed out my credit card authorization but didn't order any cameras.

They did get a hold of me than to ask why I hadn't checked out the camera. After putting holds on 792.49 on my credit card twice they charged me 812.and some cents. The shipping charge alone was double what they suggested it to be on their web site.

I bought the camera for a once in a life time holliday and no one has shown any interest in getting it to me before I leave. They were happy to take the extra money I paid for express shipping to make up for their computer problem that delayed shipment and maxed my credit card.

I'll let you know if I reccommend them if the camera ever gets here.

Regards
    EJM

I have only ordered once from Ritz and that was this past spring. I ordered a Cannon 300D/Rebel with CF Card, Lens Hood, Gadget Bag, UV Filter and had no problems what so ever. At the time the camera was selling at the same price all over so I never really tried anyone else in NY. I bought the camera after checking it out, at one of there stores in the mall. Hey this way I saved on sales tax of 100 bucks. As of lately I have bought all my accessories at B&H in NY. They seem to have lower prices on all the Cannon gear that I need and want!! And there shipping is extremly FAST Ritz's prices also seem to be to high as well. You have to do your homework if you want to save any $$

undefinedundefined
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis

thanks
    Dennis
    Dennis, I ordered my minolta 7D from them. It took a month to get it to me. But then that was because minolta had shipped it to them yet. I ordered two cf cards from and got them in weeks time. As long as your order is over 100.00 shipping is free.

Thread Information