Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Anyone ever heard of or bought from a website called DIGICOMBOS.COM??
    I keep seeing it everywhere, prices look good, I've had a few of my "computer" friends look it over and think it's safe....read a bunch of reviews, there's both good and bad out there...just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them??

Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sMom
    I keep seeing it everywhere, prices look good, I've had a few of my "computer" friends look it over and think it's safe....read a bunch of reviews, there's both good and bad out there...just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them??
    I do not have any personal experience with this company. After reading the reviews my suggestion would be to think twice. Some of the reviewers said that they received the USA warranty and others said it was grey market which means that the manufacturer will not support or fix the item.

A manufacturer's warranty means you will be supported by the the people that have made the product. A USA warranty is usually through a third party that may or may not be any good. With a third party warranty the manufacturer will not support the product even if you are willing to pay out of your pocket. A lot of people think that USA warranty means the same as manufacturer's warranty but IT IS NOT! The people in the reviews will find this out when they need help with their camera and then it will be too late.

For my money I would stay with a proven company, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Talking Re: Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sMom
    I checked with resellerrratings.com:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DigiCombos

and their ratings for digi were:
    Six-Month Rating: 7.07 / 10
    Lifetime Rating: 7.07 / 10

Their ratings for All Stores Avg.: 7.50
    So digicombo isn't that far from the average. I usually restrict my buying to sellers with at least a 9.6 average.

You can use resellerratings to check out any company on line. When a company I'm considering isn't listed I ask for it to be listed so others can check it.

I'd advise you to check out anyone you are considering with resellerratings

Hope this helps
    MIchael :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I didn't know that about the USA and manufacturers warranty, Jeff. Thanks for the info.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks...I really want a good quality camera and the prices look so good..not sure if it's really worth the risk for me though and will just have to save a little longer to get what I want..*sigh* You pay for quality right!!

As a (former) New Yorker, I gotta add J&R to the list of good sellers. http://www.jr.com

When I lived in Manhattan, I'd go to J&R at least 3 - 4 times a month. Now that I'm living in NJ, I find myself ordering from them online rather than driving to a Best Buy or one of those other big box horrors. In fact, I just ordered the D300 from them yesterday and I can't wait to get it.

Great site, btw. Just discovered it recently. I know, I'm behind the times.

Photo Enthusiast

Add 86th STREET PHOTO & VIDEO to the SITES TO AVOID list. This company also uses "bait & switch" tactics and has several complaints filed with the FCC for fraudulent practices.

Smile Recommended site

http://shop.cordcamera.com/

Just after Christmas 07, A DPR member posted about Cord Camera having a sale on the Nikkor 70-300 VRII for $399 delivered. A number of us pulled the trigger which resulted in more orders than their current inventory.

Cord e-mailed those of us that were a bit slow and offered to either obtain a refund of the credit card charge or to be patient and wait for an expected resupply shipment in a few days. They stated that the sales price had been in error but, if we were patient, they'd honor the $399 delivered.

Since there were a lot of posts that others had good prior experiences, I opted to wait.

Those of us that waited for the shipment did in fact receive the USA lens w/5-Year Nikon Warranty for the honored $399 delivered...:thumbsup: (Street prices are ~$460-550 + shipping)

While it was disappointing to have the credit card charged prior to shipment and having to wait, they did come through in good faith with no calls or hassles...

My SmugMug Galleries

FZ30
    D50
    Nikon 35 f/2 DX
    Nikkor 18-70 DX
    Tamron 70-300 LD Macro
    Bigma 50-500 :thumbsup:
    Nikon 70-300 VR :thumbsup:
    SB600 Flash
    Kenko Pro 300 DG 1.4X TC & Sigma EX 1.4X TC
    682B Bogen Monopod
    Wolverine 60-GB MVP

Hi Guys,

Ordered the sony t200 from bestpriced brands. wish i read the reviews 1st because it didnt turn up and had to wait over a week before they would refund me. But in the end purchased the same camera from www.ukcamerastore.co.uk and got an extended warranty for the same price , quality!!!!!!

Cheers

Carl

Has anyone dealt with Camera Addict.com? The prices look good but just wondering if they are for real.

thanks.

Lao

Simple: check them on www.resellerrattings.com

It has the worst ratings I've seen there.
    Keep Shooting!

Talking Re: Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Hi guys!
    very cool website. I appreciate the information I found.

If I understand, the 1st post message is up to date by grandpa the moderator?

I'm activelly loocking to buy a Panasonic DMC-FZ18K I think I will go wit OneCall.
    I hope no problem to ship in Canada.

:thumbsup:

They have pretty good reviews at reseller.com but not perfect.
    Let us know how they do for you.
    Keep Shooting!

Central camera is pretty trustworthy also. I've bought from them several times and they have delivered as promised and what they promised. I was pleased with them.

I use Firefox as my browser and you can add a lot of plugins. One I have allows to go to a web site and right click and then click on "Reseller Ratings" and if the store is listed with reseller ratings it will pop up. If it isn't there, I will add it so other people can rate it. I always try to file a review of any store with which I deal, good, bad or indifferent. A good habit for all to get into.

Amazon has an affiliate Camera store called LensLab. Amazon affiliates are safe and includes amazons supersaver shipping all over the world. I've shopped there myself several times and NEVER had any problems. Good prices too!

Martin

Here some offers from amazon's lenslab site

Quote Originally Posted by martkal
    Amazon has an affiliate Camera store called LensLab. Amazon affiliates are safe and includes amazons supersaver shipping all over the world. I've shopped there myself several times and NEVER had any problems. Good prices too!

Martin
    I don't have Amazon on the recommended list due to the fact a lot of the time when an order is placed it goes though a third party that is on the list of sites to avoid and not actually through Amazon itself. If you place an order with Amazon and forget to see who your order is though you can experience a bad sale just the same.

I have had good purchases when the total sale is actually though Amazon itself, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JAG @ Amazon.com: is also one of Amazon's stores:
    http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&me=A3HQC30O9XBAKP

They just opened a short while ago.
    JAG and Lenslab are actually owned by Amazon and their supershipping (free) and guarantees apply to both sites.
    Michael

I am new to this forum. I bought a canon S5 IS, I'm a beginner. I bought it from a website, they got really good prices on cameras sigelectronics. Very happy with my purchase.

Hi all,
    Another great website is www.ephotocraft.com
    I purchased a Nikon camera from them and they sent it to me without a lens cap. I called them and a few days later I received one. I have used the camera for 3 years now and never had a problem with it. They are a Nikon authorized dealer and state that there is no "gray market" merchandise on their website, which I believe. Their lifetime rating on www.resellerratings.com is 9.80 out of 10.

After reading many of the posts good and horror stories here and else where and having bought in the past local and at Adorama which was a positive transaction I decided to give these guys Service Photo Supply, Inc. / http://www.servicephoto.com/ a try and the service was beyond comparison. No hard sales pitch or upsell B.S. Just what do you want and I'll do my best to give you a great deal. I live in So. Cal so I have never done business with them nor do I know Burke but he came highly recommended from the owner of Mack Camera's of Mack Camera warranty.

This email was sent to me the same day I made the order and it was shipped that day.

Hello,

Here’s the final tally:

Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III $7250.00
    LP-E4 battery (extra) $110.00
    2 – Sandisk Extreme III 8 Gb CF @ $99 ea = $198.
    (rebate form sent in box)
    Canon NEW 72mm lens cap $ 0.00
    Canon 50mm f/1.2L USM $1259.00
    Canon 85mm f/1.2L II USM $1789.
    Used (nice & clean) 24-70mm f/2.8L $850.00
    Shipping $45.00

$11,456 – Product Total
    $11,501 – includes UPS insured shipping.

I am invoicing this ASAP, so that we can get it out of here today. UPS tracking # 1Z291***************** ( I blanked out the tracking #)

We appreciate the opportunity – please let other know about our services. We’re always glad to help whenever possible.

I checked out the used lenses, and sent you the best one – which also has a filter on it. The box was missing one piece of the original Styrofoam, so I put in one of our Service Photo baseball hats to make for a tight package. Everything will arrive intact.

Thanks,
    Burke Seim, President
    Service Photo Supply, Inc.
    3838 Falls Road
    Baltimore, MD 21211
    (410) 235-6200
    (410) 467-9455 fax
    (800) 344-3776 orders

Thanks,
    Burke Seim, President
    Service Photo Supply, Inc.
    3838 Falls Road
    Baltimore, MD 21211
    (410) 235-6200
    (410) 467-9455 fax
    (800) 344-3776 orders
    Last edited by G Studios; 05-05-2008 at 09:11 AM.

I've done some business with both RitzCamera and WolfCamera (owned by Ritz) and have not had any problems with either. I bought my Canon Rebel K2 from http://www.ritzcamera.com and had it within 3 days. I've done business with them in stores in different cities and the people have always been friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone.

banished

Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Thanks for the Recommended sites, it's really heleful, thanks!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information