Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
    Shooting for almost 40 years CLJohnson's Avatar

Thumbs up Profeel - low price and seems reliable

I've done an awful lot of on-line/phone purchasing and I was hesitant to try Profeel/ProfeelVideo for a couple reasons:

(1) the price for the item I was looking into (Canon 30D camera body) was almost $40 less expensive than the nearest "lowest reliable vendor" putting it very close to the "too good to be true" line.

(2) the vendor had different prices at profeelvideo.com ($1264) and profeel.com ($1299). This made me suspicious. After checking out customer reviews, I decided to try them out.

I ordered late at night on a Thursday. They close at 2:00pm on Friday and are closed all day Saturday. On Monday I received voicemail and email messages. My reaction was "here it comes, bait and switch". When I called, they confirmed the order and shipping address and asked if I wanted any additional memory, etc. I said I was all set and was told I'd have the package by the end of the week. The questions were very, very low key.

By midday on Tuesday I had no email confirming shipment. I contacted them and they said that it would ship by the end of the day and gave me a tracking number.

I tracked the package right to my doorstep the next afternoon.

I have to say that my concern turned out to be unwarranted, but I think that if Profeel tightened up its communication, administration and its shipping timeline (I ordered late night Thursday and the camera wasn't shipped until end of day on Tuesday) they would give their customers a lot more confidence in their product/service.

POSITIVE: super low price on profeelvideo.com; no charge for ground shipping; website clearly states "USA Manufacturer Warranty"; no post-purchase heavy-handed sales pitches or bait/switch.

NEGATIVE: significantly different prices on their two websites for the same item; slow to get the package shipped; post-sale communication needs improvement.

BOTTOM LINE: I'd shop there again. Overall, they seemed reputable, even if I the transaction did raise a red flag or two. Some of the experiences (eg: a phone call to confirm the order) FELT an awful lot like I was dealing with one of the less reputable stores that had burnt me in the past, but as it turns out there was nothing under handed or disceptive. I got a fantastic CanonUSA camera at the lowest price I've seen - and shipping included. Hell, I'd try them again!

Chris

Re: Profeel - low price and seems reliable

Just a guess but Profeel as well as other online purveyors of electronics may be run by those of the Hebrew faith. Keep in mind that after sunset Friday through Sat. are non working days. Sunday there is no shipping available....so the time line seems okay to me.
    I look for no high pressure for "extras" I don't need and research, research research is key.

Thread Information