Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Poor behaviour from Nikon and from B&H Photo Video

B&H is great, I order everything from them. There are so many disreputable online photo retailers that you have to be careful. I don't know why, I haven't seen many other online industries like that. In general I've found if a site has a lower price than B&H, it's usually a scam. For example wilddigital.com, prestigecamera.com, etc.
    Outdoor Photography
    http://www.mongeese.org

Unhappy Re: Poor behaviour from Nikon and from B&H Photo Video

Well, this has been a silent topic on my side for quite some time already. As initially exposed (see first posting of that topic if you care to), I lost about $ 500 plus a frustrating countless number of hours in this matter and, not having a short memory, I still do not understand nor accept the behaviors of Nikon USA as well as that of B&H Photo Video.

Actually, I still bought another Nikon a year and a half ago, my first digital Nikon, which was a D40 bought from Amazon in France.
    And funnily (well, it was not "that" funny) out of the box, that brand new D40 was OK "but" for the fact that the LCD screen would stay desperately black, and I could only quickly conclude this was nothing but a serious and obvious manufacturing defect.
    Once more, congratulation to Nikon for the quality of their manufacturing and for their quality control !
    That came after that defective brand new 135 mm, and after the definite breakdown of my daughter's Coolpix just after two weeks of use.

A rare record of 100% of faulty products achieved by Nikon with my last 3 buys from them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !

BTW, for online shops big does not necessarily mean bad as BH Photo Video mean of operation would lead oneself to believe. Amazon, from which I buy very often is always first class. In this instance, they replaced the camera by a new one within a few days. Fast, efficient and with a smile.
    Amazon is simply, a different world from B&H Photo Video : certainly OK when no problem arises B&H Photo Video simply find it easier and more "cost effective" in the long run no to deal with problems when they arise. This is precisely when you see if a company is good or not.
    With the problem I met, Nikon USA surprising attitude simply showed that they obviously did not want to displease B&H Photo Video. The latest are certainly one of their biggest trade customer, and they preferred to forget any loyalty to their final customer, after an initial reaction which was positive I have to say.

I don't think it is necessary to debate further about B&H Photo Video, they are simply not even worth it.

Yet, regarding Nikon, I find it more regrettable and frustrating. They are, or at least were, after all for many many years one of the leading manufacturers of cameras and optics, both in terms of performances and of built in quality.
    They seem now to be able of providing technically the best, as well as not very far from the worst on occasions.

BTW, remember when not so long ago they were swearing they would never ever go to full frame for all kind of reasons. A good example of their erratic marketing path since a few years. Fortunately, they had to recognize their mistake and have finally followed the way showed by Canon, and even more recently with the "affordable" D700.

It is very satisfying to see now the clear development of full frame cameras.
    The time is right to get my first full frame and, frustratingly, wisdom will probably lead me to choose a different brand than Nikon, in spite of many years of common life and of logically having a few good F-mount lenses. On one hand I don't have any more too much faith in Nikon , and on the other one Canon has a rather tempting offer and has been leading the full frame race for several years already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information