Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
    Shooting for almost 40 years CLJohnson's Avatar

Question OneCall.com and Profeel

Does anyone have any experience with either OneCall.com or Profeel. They both have highly positive reviews on BizRate, etc. They both also state clearly that they are authorized USA distributors. That sounds refreashing.

One thing that makes me a little sketchy on Profeel is this: I am shopping for a Canon 30D. When I use a comparison shopping site (ShopCartUSA.com), I see that Profeel (a stated Canon USA dealer - verified on Canon's website) has the camera body for $1264.

Later when I went to Profeel directly by typing in Profeel.com I came up with a much higher price for the same item.

It turns out that there are two websites. Profeel.com and Profeelvideo.com. It is the Profeelvideo site that has the lower price and is linked to ShopCartUSA.com. Both sites have the same physical address and same "About Us" info. But the phone numbers are different.

This all feels like a red flag to me. But I am tempted to try them because of (1) their high customer approval rating and (2) their Canon USA statements (again, verified by Canon).

Can anyone help with either Profeel or OneCall?

Thanks!
    Christopher

Re: OneCall.com and Profeel

I have experience with OneCall, and I have to say that I will deal with them in the future. I even got a call from a salesman a day after I received the product just to see if everything was ok. Just for that, I will do business with them again. You can also go to www.resellerratings.com and check the both of them out. It was posted on here some time ago and it's a nice site to do a quick check before hand. I hope that this helps you out and good luck.

Re: OneCall.com and Profeel

Would have bought from profeel this morning if the price on the internet would have been the same as the one the salesman quoted me ........with the reason that he told someone to update the site and they didn't . Then he was in a major hurry to get my name and card number after telling me that they didn't actually have the camera in stock......yet....although the site said "in stock".
    I hung up.......after nine bait and switch, some worse than others.....I just didn't have it in me to argue.
    Bought the camera from adorama, Israel said I would have it via ups....tues-wed.
    No pressure, and I am looking forward to doing more business with them.

Thread Information