Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Norman Camera

Liz

Norman Camera

I've purchased a few pieces of equipment from Norman Camera in Kalamazoo Michigan. They have an online store http://www.normancamera.com/ as well as local.

They have excellent salesmanship - no pressures and knowledgeable sales people. Their customer service I would rate above average. They are also very friendly and willing to answer questions. One thing I've found is that when most dealers are out of stock, Norman Camera usually is in stock. I began purchasing from them because I couldn't find an item anywhere else - and they had it.

Their customer service is awesome. On their website it states that they can charge a 10% restocking fee for returns, but I've returned an item twice and they've never charged me a fee. Also, the items usually ship within a few hours. Also, I think you only pay tax if you live in Michigan.

Liz

Re: Norman Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I've purchased a few pieces of equipment from Norman Camera in Kalamazoo Michigan. They have an online store http://www.normancamera.com/ as well as local.

They have excellent salesmanship - no pressures and knowledgeable sales people. Their customer service I would rate above average. They are also very friendly and willing to answer questions. One thing I've found is that when most dealers are out of stock, Norman Camera usually is in stock. I began purchasing from them because I couldn't find an item anywhere else - and they had it.

Their customer service is awesome. On their website it states that they can charge a 10% restocking fee for returns, but I've returned an item twice and they've never charged me a fee. Also, the items usually ship within a few hours. Also, I think you only pay tax if you live in Michigan.

Liz
    Liz, that's great to hear. I shop there for all my photographic needs (I'm also in Kalamazoo). The store is laid out well, and the sales staff is top notch.
    John

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    Liz, that's great to hear. I shop there for all my photographic needs (I'm also in Kalamazoo). The store is laid out well, and the sales staff is top notch.
    John
    Say hello for me! I just received my S5 IS (Canon) from them today.

Liz

Re: Norman Camera: they just don't care

I'm glad others have had good experiences with them; I would really like to be supportive, but they seem to be changing into-- what? No help. I needed a small part, and was told "we no longer do service." When I went in with a question, I was told to "look on the internet." Another time I went back with a piece of equipment I had recently purchased and was told "we haven't carried that for six months" (I had the receipt in my hand.) I bought an expensive camera--my first good camera--from them thinking I could get at least recommendations in the future, and I paid a lot extra to buy from a local dealer; so I am doubly pained to be treated so rudely. I would have been much better off buying online or from WalMart. Forget these guys, they are working hard to put themselves out of business.

Liz

Re: Norman Camera: they just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by M. Davidson
    I'm glad others have had good experiences with them; I would really like to be supportive, but they seem to be changing into-- what? No help. I needed a small part, and was told "we no longer do service." When I went in with a question, I was told to "look on the internet." Another time I went back with a piece of equipment I had recently purchased and was told "we haven't carried that for six months" (I had the receipt in my hand.) I bought an expensive camera--my first good camera--from them thinking I could get at least recommendations in the future, and I paid a lot extra to buy from a local dealer; so I am doubly pained to be treated so rudely. I would have been much better off buying online or from WalMart. Forget these guys, they are working hard to put themselves out of business.
    Unfortunately I have to agree about a change. I've dealt with them for a few years always with great service until recently. For some reason, their customer service hasn't been up to par. I received 2 items that were obviously either returned or used as demos. They still have the same return policy and I was able to return/exchange the items, but they aren't as "customer-friendly" as they used to be. I've definitely had a different experience the past few times I've dealt with them. I've recently read a few other customer complaints regarding customer service.

Liz

I also have to agree about the change. I have been a regular customer of their's since I purchased my 1D when it was first released. Many lens purchases as well as a 1DMKII body, and thousand's of Dollars spent, I cannot seem to get phone call's or emails returned. I do not have any clue why the change has come about, but I am very unhappy about it and started going elsewhere. It's really sad because they had such outstanding customer service in the past.

Jason

Thread Information