Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: A&M photoworld?

A&M photoworld?

I am thinking of buying a DSLR when I get some more money, and I checked out this amphotoworld.com place. I found a link off of this site, so I figure it is legit, i am just curious as to why their prices are sooooo much lower than everywhere else. They have D70s for about $800. Has anyone ordered from here?

Thumbs down A&M unethical, poor pushy service

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    I am thinking of buying a DSLR when I get some more money, and I checked out this amphotoworld.com place. I found a link off of this site, so I figure it is legit, i am just curious as to why their prices are sooooo much lower than everywhere else. They have D70s for about $800. Has anyone ordered from here?
    I just placed an order for from amphotoworld.com. Again, they were the cheapest guys out there. When I got the order confirmation, they told me to call them to confirm the order.
    This was the classic grab and switch. When I called to confirm, the salesperson told me that I had ordered the "European" version, which included no accessories, no battery, no connection cable, not even a lens cap. He told me that this information was on the website, but it must have been in print smaller than my 24" monitor can pick up.
    Needless to say, if I wanted a camera that could function, I had to pay an extra couple of hundred bucks - which ended up being more than Amazon.com. If I had cancelled, he told me that I wouldn't get the shipping charges back (which are by the way the HIGHEST I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM AN ONLINE RETAILER! - US Mail shipping for $60.00 from New York to CT). They are a horribly unethical company when it comes to truth in their pricing, so BEWARE. I will never order from them again.

ok thanks, I am definately staying away after that.

ANYTHING TO GOOD TO BE TRUE

PROBABLY ISNT.
    a@ m and royal camera both are scam comps.they sell stuff ,with missing parts that usually are in any other box,they hit you with additional charges,are their favorite is shipping,
    SHIPPING on a camera is not 60.00. they are making that extra 50.00 on you.they think people are dum.after you give them a credit card number,you just as soon call and tell them that you lost it and to not issue credit,they will nickel and dime you to death.restocking fees,shipping and handling,ect.
    but every dog has its day,now or much later.
    freelance2004
    WHY CANT WE ALL ,JUST GET ALONG!!

A&M photoworld (or amphotoworld) just gave me the worst online experience. They are the masters of the bait and switch and most things on their websites or from foreign countries with no warranty. Then you will get a call from someone trying to sell you overinflated upgrades that don't exist in some cases. A guy named "Barry" not only sold me things I did not receive but they never existed. His language was vulgar and even called me profane names. This is not a business... it's a scam. Someone even asked me for my social security # and mother's maiden name. FOR WHAT?? I've reported them to my credit card company, and have STOPPED the charges. That is the best thing for anyone in this situation can do. I then reported them to the Better Business Bureau of Brooklyn. Hopefully that should get some results very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FREELANCE2004
    ANYTHING TO GOOD TO BE TRUE

PROBABLY ISNT.
    a@ m and royal camera both are scam comps.they sell stuff ,with missing parts that usually are in any other box,they hit you with additional charges,are their favorite is shipping,
    SHIPPING on a camera is not 60.00. they are making that extra 50.00 on you.they think people are dum.after you give them a credit card number,you just as soon call and tell them that you lost it and to not issue credit,they will nickel and dime you to death.restocking fees,shipping and handling,ect.
    but every dog has its day,now or much later.
    freelance2004

Thumbs down A&M Photoworld - Don't be Stupid

Worst online experience I ever had. No-one who is smart enough to research camera suppliers through these forums should be stupid enough to get sucked in by these crooks.

You have been warned!

A&M photoworld?

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE CROOKS!

I just had the worst experience of my life! I had to call my CC company to cancel my account, bacause, these people are SCAM ARTISTS! the prise IS to good to be true!!

Re: A&M photoworld?

I would not order from them if they were the only store left on the planet

Thumbs down My Experience with A&M Photoworld

I recently ordered a camera from them online (a FujiFilm S5100) and recieved an email the next day saying they had to "verify" the order before they shipped it out. I tried to get in contact with them to do just that, but no one answered the phone or replied my emails.

After spending 3 days trying to get in contact with them, I got fed up and cancelled the order through my last and final email with them. One week AFTER I had ordered the camera, I finally recieved a phone call from them. NOW they wanted to verify my order! The guy said they charged my account (eventhough they never did) and called to verify the shipping address. That's when I told them I credit card was never charged and that I had cancelled the order due to their failure at responding to my phone calls and emails. The guy got into a hissy fit and made a childish, sarcastic comment about my email address saying, "So you're the LatinMessiah....is that what you call yourself?" He also asked if I had ordered from someone else. I lied (since I figured this was the language he was speaking) and said I ordered the same camera from Amazon for $300 and that made the guy even more irritated. He finally said, "I'm not going to charge you the 5% cancellation fee since you got ripped off by Amazon" and hung up in my face.

5 minutes later, I recieved an email confirming my cancelled order and that no charges were made to my credit card. What a bunch of losers over at A&M PhotoWorld! I hope I see them on 20/20 or NightLine someday, those spineless frauds.

Angry Re: A&M photoworld?

if you want grief deal with a& m photoworld...they are so cheap because they dont ship anything............can't understand why they are not in jail....probably can't find the rats

do I sound bitter..ha, to put it mildly

Angry Re: A&M photoworld?

A&M Photoworld are the biggest crooks I have ever encountered in my life. Under no circumstances order anything from them. You will get a world full of headaches. They are 100% Rip Off artists. You will be overcharged, swindled and lucky if you receive what you ordered.Please learn from my BIG mistake dealing with these absolute swindlers. I have reported them to the Brooklyn Better Buisness bureau and they said that they have many cases pending against them. Do yourself a favor, stay AWAY from A&M Photoworld.

I wish I could relate a problem with their shipping, or how something arrived.

BUT... I can NOT do so. NO! I did not like them, but when I was on the phone, I was told to wait a minute, and heard the person on the phone tell someone that he had another DUMB B**CH on the phone. Since "they" were paying for the call (800 number) I just put the phone in the desk drawer and when I picked it up about 15 minutes later, their recorded message was still playing. Sometime over the weekend, I guess they finally hung up, as the line was dead when I came in the following tuesday.

this seems to be the same business practice that geniuscameras.com uses and possibly the same distributor. stay away from them also!!

Thumbs down Re: A&M photoworld?

Also sounds the same as digitalliquidators.com. Stay away from them also.

after reading a ton of terrible reviews, and getting screwed by flyingtheskyphoto, i called a&m and told them i had read bad reviews, but was calling anyway becasue of the price, and just wanted the camera, and it to be shipped that day, the guy gave me his guarantee that i would actually get the camera in 2 or 3 days. i told him i would leave some good reviews around the internet if it actually worked. i got the camera today (2 days after the order). this is acutally the only post im going to make about it, so if you read this, call them up, be nice, and enjoy amazing prices and good shipping.

I'm just surprised at the number of first time posters for this topic. Apparently A LOT of people have been ripped off by them.

Hey everyone thanks for the heads up, I was just about to enter my credit card number to order, but i thought i should do some reserch on A&M first... well happy i did

THanks again

Did a Google search after getting a runaround all day from them and transferred every time to voice mail and found nothing but terrible stuff said under many various links. Canceled my card and am getting a new one issued after the garbage I went through and will do some more thorough research before attempting to buy form a NYC outfit.
    A&M Photo World, amphotoworld.com, PreferredPhoto.com -
    is one link at the bottom of the page when you enter amphotoworld in the google search box. Scam place. This is my first entry, am new to photography and use a KM 7D. Look forward to reading through the rest of this forum so I can learn. Ken

Add me to the list of people that got screwed by A&M Photo World. They are not just scam artists, they are con artists. First, they bait-and-switched me and then charged over $750 more on my credit card than was agreed on the phone. I reported them to the BBB. These guys actually contacted the BBB pretending to be me and got the complaint reversed!

Can you believe that? These guys are outright criminals. Stay away unless you want a massive headache on your hands!

Thread Information