Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Los angeles, CA Retailers

I just bought a Canon 30D after lots of deal hunting in Los Angeles:

First I went to BEL AIR CAMERA in Westwood near UCLA. They had it for $1339, the best price I could find. They didn't have it in stock but OZZIE ROJAS took down my name and number to call me once it came in.

I then went to CALUMET just south of Hollywood (or possibly in Hollywood) and they had a good looking shop. One 30D in stock at $1399 but would not price match Bel Air Camera. But they had the 580EZ at $389 I beleive, the best price I found locally. I should've bought it right there.

Next, I went to Samy's camera on Fairfax Blvd. They priced the 30D at $1399 but didn't have it in stock either. I was a bit concerend at the sales talk I was over hearing. A sales man said there was no kit for the 30D yet but another one told me there was with the 18-55 lens. I had a feeling the sales man was trying to push an IS lens to his customer to make a better sale. I think this would be her fist SLR based on her questions and she liked the 30D. Multiple sales men were pushing the 30D in the crowded store, but they didn't have it in stock anyway. Go figure.

Four days later, OZZIE calls me on a Tuesday afternoon to tell me they just got a shipment of 30Ds. I picked it up within the hour and he didn't force me to buy the warranty although I may have if he offered. He couldn't price match Calumet on the 580EX. The best he could do was $399 from their $419 price.

Ozzie Rojas in Bel Air takes the cake for now....

I've bought 3 different warrantees for different Canon and only use it once when my G2 power supply went bad. Bought the warranty for my A2, G2, and Digital Rebel....but not for my 30D?? Don't know what to think....
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Re: Los angeles, CA Retailers

Good post. The only store you left out is Canoga Camera. I've bought most of my cameras from Canoga, over the past five years. I agree that Bel Air is a good store. They're small so they can give you personal service. I have a friend who buys all his stuff there.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Good post. The only store you left out is Canoga Camera. I've bought most of my cameras from Canoga, over the past five years. I agree that Bel Air is a good store. They're small so they can give you personal service. I have a friend who buys all his stuff there.
    You're right. I actually called them up and their sister store Reseda Camera. They had the 30D at $1399 as well.

Your profile location says Nor Cal but I guess your around San Fernando Valley like me?
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Quote Originally Posted by manacsa
    Your profile location says Nor Cal but I guess your around San Fernando Valley like me?
    Nope - I'm in San Jose and our office is in San Mateo. But Canoga Camera used to advertise on the site and I get around. I've been in all the stores you mentioned and then some
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information