Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: how is amazon?

how is amazon?

Anybody got anything to say about amazon.com?
    Are they good if they say fulfilled by amazon?
    How is their after sales service?
    Where should I buy the warranty from?

Re: how is amazon?

Amazon is good. Just be careful w/ affiliate merchants b/c amazon rents out store fronts. Its better to buy directly from amazon but they do have alot of customer protection procedures.
    Good customer service Amazon but contact other sellers before buy.

I have bought camera gear through Amazon one time. No problem.

n8

I agree with Citizen. I've had primarily great experiences with Amazon as a whole, but sellers can be iffy. I attempted to buy a Vanguard Alta Pro 283 from American-Aussie, and I ended up getting an old, rusty, cigarette smoke smelling Vanguard tripod that probably isn't worth $20. My payment was promptly refunded with a little discussion with Amazon, but I wouldn't trust that seller.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Liz

I've never had a problem purchasing from Amazon directly. One time I had a problem with one of their 3rd party sellers (not fulfilled by Amazon). However, I contacted Amazon and the dealer contacted me with an apology within minutes after being contacted by Amazon.

For photography equipment, sometimes Amazon has great deals, most of the time their prices are comparable to better photography stores (B&H). But sometimes, their prices are higher (usually 3rd party there too). You have to check other dealers to compare.

I purchase many other items from Amazon and 90% of the time, the prices are wayyy cheaper. I just purchased a DVD set of old movies on Amazon for $17 - the price was almost $100 for the same DVD set at Barnes & Noble. Book prices are excellent for the most part at Amazon. I think I pay about 40% less for most books I've purchased.

Customer service is excellent in my experience. They also have a 30 day return policy. If you join their "Prime" membership ($79 per year), 2 day shipping is free and overnight is $3.99 regardless of the price or weight. There are many other perks with their prime - i.e. thousands of streaming movies to choose from (free), etc. If you purchase a lot, it is well worth it - just for the free shipping.

Liz

I've ordered all my camera gear from Amazon and I've always got what I've ordered. I did have a problem ordering from Amazon once, but after talking with Amazon's customer survice and my bank, we got it all straightened out. I've never ordered from a 3rd party seller from Amazon, but maybe you could contact the seller before buying and talk with them. But Amazon's customer survice is great. I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

Over here in Europe, I have never had a problem with Amazon. They happily deliver abroad with no arguments and often with free delivery from UK to Spain..

hallo, i'm dellarossa.. i'm interesting with Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera product on amazon, i've read many reviews, but im still not satisfied with it.
    anyone can give me more reviews ? i saw it here
    Amazon.com: Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (discontinued by manufacturer): Rosewill: Camera & Photo

thank you very much.. :*

hallo, i'm dellarossa.. i'm interesting with Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera product on amazon, i've read many reviews, but im still not satisfied with it.
    anyone can give me more reviews ? i saw it here
    Amazon.com: Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (discontinued by manufacturer): Rosewill: Camera & Photo

thank you very much.. :*

amazon is best online store
    Shoot Hunter

i do not want to say anything

how is am

No, I mean DATA pin. Its the one to make blind so the camera believes an AF lens is a manual A one.
    Слава — вещь основательная. Цицерон.

Customers do not like to wait--it's that straightforward. once you participate in Amazon.com Advantage, your books are available and prepared to travel . Since we tend to point out "In Stock" books first and more frequently, Advantage books are more likely to be discovered and purchased by browsing customers.

Hey! Personally, I have been using Amazon for a very long time. If I'm not mistaken, I started using this marketplace since 2001 and there was not a day that I did not visit this wonderful site. At first I just bought various junk there, and then I decided to start a business with the help of Amazon. By the way, this site helped me with this.
    Here I learned about the ways to solve the problems that arose during the time I was learning to sell on Amazon.

SageSeller has a special solution for the Agencies with multiple seller accounts. Enjoy your easy business analytics with SageSeller.
    amazon seller software

Amazon is excellent, especially its American department. I love their shipping and delivery policies, how they Dealing with Customers , even with the most difficult ones. I also enjoy their huge choice of goods and sellers, and the system of rates and reviews: everything is done for the comfort of the customer.

Thread Information