Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

electroworld Scam Fraud

I have had a bad experience with a +$500 digital camera purchase from a seller with the alias 'Electroworld' in the Phillipines (Nothing to do with the chain store though he initially claimed he did). Money was sent via electronic transfer (bad move) and despite several emails and false promises to ship, no camera, no refund and eventually no email replies. This supposed seller has I've since found has had bad press before selling other items.
    Please be aware and avoid this fraud.

Tony

Ghost

Re: electroworld Scam Fraud

Hi max,

Thanks for the info. Looking back, do you think there were any lessons learned that you can share with us?

Trevor

Hi Trevor
    Certainly. .
    I had recieved my referal to this seller from ebay. The referrer (probably the same person in hind site) had some particularly cheap new cameras, but had apparently sold them all by the time I contacted him. He referred me to his supplier who he says he had dealt with many times.
    Lessons-
    If using ebay use only very high % positive feedback suppliers. and avoid referals
    - Using electronic transfer is like sending cash. If the receiver does not honour the deal, you have no recourse. Use this only for totally trustworthy recipients.
    - If it sounds to good to be true, there's a good reason.

Maxcaz

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    Hi max,

Thanks for the info. Looking back, do you think there were any lessons learned that you can share with us?

Trevor

Added them to the black list, many thanks for the info. I just thought that people could save much money if they checked the precautions like this first. But even this measure couldn't prevent investors from losing 6 million euros, everything due to Russian swindler Ilya Surkov who simply stole all of their money.
    Last edited by samgood; 06-19-2021 at 09:08 PM.

Thread Information