Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Post don't want to be scammed!

Hi,
    can anyone tell me about an online store: DigitalSuperDeals.com I read about other online stores bait and switch tactics and don't want this to happen to me. I also saw the many photos of all the Brooklyn storefronts that use these methods and leave you high and dry
    w/o a camera or the wrong camera. Maybe DigitalSuperDeals.com was one of them???
    Please could someone give me some info.
    Thanks,
    Sweedie

Re: don't want to be scammed!

Sweedie-
    I've never heard of them. They might be ok. But not knowing a thing, I'd recommend steering clear. It's best to shop for cameras by dealer reputation and not by price. Look through this forum for dealers that community members like and go with them. You might pay a little more than other prices you've seen advertised. But you'll be sure you're getting what you order, and there won't be any hidden costs.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I looked them up and they are the same as the other poorly rated stores.
    Want you to buy high priced accessories, etc.
    Avoid them!
    Here's a link. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DigitalSuperDeals
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

thanx Frog, for the info. I've done about 3 months of research on the internet for the kind of
    camera I want (Sony Cybershot H5) and would be terribly disappointed if I purchased w/
    one of these companies. These forums are a lifesaver! Know of any good and legit stores out there that would give me a reasonable price and good service on the H5?
    Sweedie

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Several stores rated highly here by users. I haven't used all of them but B&H, Adorama, Cameta(also sells on ebay), are the ones that come to mind quickly. There are others.
    Use the resellerratings.com site to look them up.

DO NOT TRUST THE RATINGS ON PLACES LIKE BEST PRICE! I think the stores send in their own ratings and I'm sure the site gets a kick back whenever anyone does a hit off their sites.
    I haven't found any place better than reseller which I learned about on these forums, by the way.
    Best of luck to you.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I have the H5 as well, great camera. Though the release of the next model is just around the corner and looks like has some nice new features for about the same price, may be worth looking into and waiting if you can.

as for online dealers I am not sure as prefer to to avoid buying many electronics online, such a high risk of needing to send it back (already had to do one return on my H5, the shutter button problem) and paying more on shipping and your savings margin is gone plus the downtime/hassle. If you have a sonystore local to you they do price match to other local stores not sure about online prices. places like bestbuy/futureshop/staples ect do price match to online stores as well here but may be hard to find that model with them. Also even if not purchased directly from sony I know here in Canada you can still get there extended warranty and service plans anytime within the 1 year of the original warranty.

IMO I would buy from a local camera shop that does price match & to get that local service. http://www.henrys.com is one of our main ones here and can buy online. not the cheapest prices for online but good service.. There is ebay too just check there history and S&H.

Thread Information