Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Cci Camera City. Whew.

Thank the lord I was able to cancel my credit card.

I just had the most miserable experience.

I ordered a Cannon D5 camera.. all excited that I had found a great deal on it at ccicameracity. YEAH.

I sit here at this moment wiping tears from my face. After I purchased this camera... I received a phone call to verify my order. It went something like this.

" you need to buy a battery cuz it doesnt come with that. "

Ok..

" you will need a flash, we have them... $299... or $499 "

Then .. it got really bad. " What are you going to use this camera for?"

I said, " well I want to take pictures with it. " DUH.

The man on the phone says " Why dont you just get the D30 or the D10 ?"

I said, " I want the D5."

He says, " why? "

I said, " its better.. and that is the one I want. "

He says, " I just think you would be better off spending the less money and getting the D30 or the D10. "

I said, " look, I want the D5."

Then, " you do need a battery. "

I said, " cant I just use the battery I already have with my Digital EOS Rebel Xti?"
    He said, " no. not the same. "

I wasnt really sure, so I'm like ok.. whatever.

He then said, " you do not have any idea what you are doing do you?"

EXCUSE ME? I'm wondering what this is all about.. how rude....

He then said, "HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO... maaam. Hello. You do not have a clue. You dont know what you are doing. "

I say, " excuse me sir?" again...

I have never.. never been spoken to in this kind of tone, I began to almost cry.

he says, " if you have a rebel xti what are you doing ordering a different camera. that is a good camera already.. you do not need the D5."

I am thinking to myself, wow. You would think they would want the $1775 sale, right?

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmmmmmmmm... why dont you figure out what you should know and maybe... i'm going to erase your order. I've been erased, I wish YOU were erased. " he says to me. and hung up.

WHAT THE HECK was THAT???????? Woah.

After crying for a few minutes not knowing what just happened... I decided I would call the place back and complain about this man. I said, whomever hired this man is on crack. they said that was wrong i'm sorry and your order has been cancelled maam. BUT I SAY.... " FIRE THAT JERK !" they say they will investigate. They tried to keep me on the phone I said, " look I dont want your camera an I dont need to be wasting my daytime minutes talking to you I just want this guy to get in trouble for treating me so badly. " and I HUNG UP.

I then called my credit card company and had my account closed immediately. LUCKILY, they didnt charge anything to my account yet.

WHEW.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Cci Camera City. Whew.

I came so close to ordering from one of the many places listed here.
    I just got suspicious enough to start googling names and not relying on their posted feedback.
    Glad you got out of it without any financial loss. The emotional is bad enough.

Thread Information