Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: CCI Camera City

CCI Camera City

Does any one have any idea about this Store on yahoo CCI Camera City....??? Comments will be appreciated

Re: CCI Camera City

Just looking thru here and seen that our friendly Sebastian posted this site for someone else. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1734.html. Doesn't look too good for this place.

Don't walk - RUN the other direction.
    They offered a D50 kit with a 28-80 lens...for $409
    Heck of a deal, right?

So we order online, get a confirmation # etc.
    Next day my wife gets an "Urgent" email to call and confirm the order
    She did, and in return got one of the hardest Upsell strongarms she said she had ever endured.
    The "kid" on the other end sounded like he had a mouthful of dirt (her words) and she had to ask him to repeat himself 6-7 times
    She finally got firm herself in insisted that all she wanted was what she ordered and what THEY had advertised

I of course got a phone call at work from her, got and earfull then, and once again once I got home
    So I went online to verify the confirmation number this kid had given her, AND the original confirmation #, and sure enough, the order had been cancelled
    No mistaking the order numbers or ?? - there it was clear as day, Our name, the camera, the order and confirmation #s

CANCELLED

Caveat Emptor. Be prepared to pay 3 times retail for things you neither want or need in order to (I'm guessing) be able to buy the product they advertise at the price they advertise

Again, don't walk - RUN

Wish I would have read this first http://www.pcworld.com/resource/arti...,107855,00.asp

Had to call to confirm an order. They tried to sell me everything they had--I had just ordered a kit! Said there was no battery with the camera and it would be an extra $150+ (what camera kit doesn't come with a battery?). When I declined, I was hung up on abruptly. I called back and argued, but the guy was just a rude jerk. It's a scam. BEWARE!

I must agree with all the other negative replies. Got an email to confirm my ordfer and was also told that no battery came with the camera. Yeah, right! I declined. Was told it would be 4-6 weeks for this "In Stock" item.

What really bothers me is that I had checked the cutsomer reviews for this site before placing the order. I had gone through a Yahoo portal. When I check with Yahoo to trach the order, it says the order was cancelled.

I have since learned to also do a google for the company to look for forums such as this.

Thread Information