Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Canoga Camera

Canoga Camera

Hello All,

I just wanted to give praise to a local store. I recently purchased a Canon 70-200 lens from Canoga Camera last Saturday. Talk about zero pressure sales. Derrick was the guy on the phone and counter. I was there in the morning trying to decide between the Sigma 70-200 or the Canon 70-200. Although the Canon was higher in price, he didn't try to sell me on the higher priced item. He let me test drive everything from the Sigma with 2x setup and the Canon equivalent. While there, I watched him help others and he didn't put any pressure on those people as well. They asked questions and he'd answer nice and friendly.

Their inventory looked pretty abundant. While the other major stores in Los Angeles County don't carry Sigma, they do, including Tamron. Bel Air Camera doesn't even stock extension tubes. Another local disappointment was discovering Calumet didn't carry the Sigma 2x tele-extender or the newer model Sigma 70-200 with Macro.

Too top it all off, they had the best price in town for the lens. It was a dream come true, B&H New York prices on the west coast!! Paying taxes locally was only a bit higher than getting 2-day shipping from New York. Great prices without the wait.

http://www.canogacamera.com/

Just to add, I wanted a cheap filter and 2x extension for my new lens. I asked for the Kenko 2x first but he advised against it but let me test it with the lens anyway. He was right, the Kenko 2x gave the Canon lens a hard time with focusing. He also recommended a moderately prices filter that would compliment my new glass.

It was a comfortable experience.

One side note, it appears they don't update their online inventory as often as they should so call in the order and ask for Derrick. Not all businesses can afford realtime online inventory.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Re: Canoga Camera

Canoga is awesome. I bought my EOS 1D, 10D, G2, and I don't know what else from them. They're really nice, 100% trustworthy, their prices are excellent, and their service is the best.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information