Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Buydig.Com

Buydig.Com

Count another happy camper. The web site might be a little "tricky", but that's just as likely to be my own ineptitude and eventually I got everything done that I needed. If can do it, anyone can, trust me on that!
    Placed my order for a Canon S5IS after 11 pm. last Sat. By Sunday morning I had confirmation that my order had been recvd., and a Fed Ex tracking number followed soon after. Delivery was during the day on Tues. The Canon box seemed to "float" a bit inside the packing box, but Canon's packing, plus a couple of large packing pillows, and FedEx' obvious care, resulted in everything arriving in perfect condition.
    Price was $332. (Best Buy is currently sale-ing them at $380 (usually 399) plus I would have had another $19.00 in state taxes had I bought locally.)
    Along with the camera and everything else that was supposed to be in the box (no shipping charges by the way) was authorization for free shipping on any accessories that I might decide I needed in the next month or so.
    Only other price I found that was better by more than a dollar or two was 86th St. which was a whole lot less, but after reading countless horror stories I decided to go with Buydig.com.
    Glad I did, and thanks to all those before me who helped with those decisions.
    Rob

Re: Buydig.Com

I have been reluctant to recommend BuyDig after JETA had a bad experience with them recently. I personally didn't have a problem ordering from them again. Their prices are typically the lowest among the good etailers and I personally haven't had any problems with them.

I had a large point and shoot camera, an S2, it's a good camera and takes good pictures, but unfortunately it's not much smaller than my Rebel XT with a 50mm lens on it. Hardly pocketable. I've been watching the Panasonic super zoom cameras for several years now and have always wondered about them.

When the TZ-1 was released recently I thought that it looked like an interesting camera. When the TZ-3 came out this year I was even more interested and decided to take a chance on one. The size was very appealing as was the 10X zoom that started at 28mm, a true wide angle lens on a super zoom camera.

So to get to the point of this long story I ordered a TZ-3 from BuyDig on December 29, I got a shipping confirmation on the 30th, and received my camera via FedEx today. the camera arrived exactly when BuyDig said it would and the price was excellent especially when you factor in the free shipping. In all I paid $236 for the camera. I will post a review after I've had some time to play with my new little toy.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Two more positive experiences with BuyDig.

Earlier this summer I decided the TZ-3 just wasn't for me. I replaced it with a G9. Again BuyDig had the best price among trusted etailers. I placed the order and immediately got a shipping notice with a tracking number. The camera showed up right on time according to the tracking the shipping was free.

I just replaced my 300 f/4 with a 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 and had the same experience with BuyDig. Placed the order and nearly immediately received a shipping notice and tracking number. The shipping again was right on time and again free. This was to Alaska too. I am sorry about JETAs bad experience I have had nothing but good.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

I have never had a problem with BuyDig. In fact, they baled me out of a terrible predicament that I had in 1994 with Digital Dog. They were extremely helpful and arranged to get my camcorder to me within a week so I could have it for an upcoming trip. I have bought several cameras from them and have recommended them to many people. To date, neither I nor any of those which I recommended have ever had anything but great things to say about BuyDig. I don't know if Digital Dog is still in existence but if it is, STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!

I wanted to check on a forum to see how things are going for others buying from BuyDig since I plan on purchasing a Fuji Finepix S8100fd. Looks like my relationship with BuyDig will continue.

Just be sure to call them and double check your item is in stock. If it isn't they'll charge you for it and just make you sit and wait until you figure out the product isn't coming.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite