Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: buydig.com?

Budding Beginner

buydig.com?

Has anyone ever had any experience with buydig.com? They currently seem to have about the best deal on the Digital Rebel right now, which includes the camera and kit lens, with a 256mb flash card, a carrying case, and a cheap cleaning kit all for $882.95, shipping and all.

I'm seriously condsidering swiping the ol' visa on this one, but I just wanted to see if any of you good people had any personal experiences with them.

Here's a link to the actual item page:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...E1CNDIGRBL1855

mjm
    that guy.
    i purchased my S100, S330 & G3 from them. no problems from me. they didnt have the 300D when i wanted it, so i ordered from gateway at $50 more.

Budding Beginner

I might shop there again.

I orderd my Canon Digital Rebel (300D) from these guys last week. I ordered it on a Sunday night and ordered FedEx overnight shipping. Well the next morning, I get an email asking me to call and confirm my shipping address because I listed a shipping address different from my billing address. They said I would have to list the shipping address with my credit card company first, so I just told them to ship it to my billing address (long story), which was my parents home anyway. So they said they would, and it would be shipped out Monday afternoon. Well Tuesday evening came and I received an email saying the credit card number I gave them was invalid. So I called them to confirm and they apparently somehow got the last two digits mixed up (even though Sunday night I immediately got a confirmation email listing the last four digits of the card number and THEY were correct). So someone in the company must have mistyped it, or at least that's the only assumption I could come up with. So...anyway, I cleared up that problem and a guy told me he would ship it out the next afternoon (Wednesday). So I get off work Wednesday evening and check the site only to see "Status: Processing" rather than "Status: Shipped." So I call, and some lady tells me the order has been canceled. After assuring them I really did want the camera, she said, "I'll get it shipped out today," even though it was now 6:30 in the evening. So I just assume it's shipped the next morning, and I'll POSSIBLY get it by Friday. The next morning, the site still says processing, so I call AGAIN. Another lady tells me it already shipped yesterday (Wednesday) and gives me the tracking numbers. I track it online...only to find that it should be arriving at my parents home within the next hour. So I got the camera with kit lens, a 256mb flash card, a VERY SMALL bag, cheap $2 cleaning kit, and everything is in the box (manuals, papers, disks, cables, strap, battery, warranty cards, etc., unopened). Overall, I got a great deal, and the camera was new, in the box with everything.

My only complaint? Poor communication within the company, and very slow service. There wasn't one time I called that the phone didn't ring for at least 10 minutes (no hold...it just rang...and rang...and rang some more). But overall...they did have good prices...so I MIGHT shop there again. I'm still debating. It's just that...I paid for overnight shipping...and got my camera 5 days later.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    CLICK ON THAT LINK and tell me if I don't see a rice of $999, NOT $882.95

seems they raised the price?
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

the kit has changed a little (now a 512mb card, and some other stuff)

i am also considering buying the camera from them, but not in a kit, just the camera and lens

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...u=CNDIGRBL1855

Thread Information