BUY AT INFINITIPHOTO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I will never buy anything form InfinitiPhoto.com and will do what ever possible to encourage other to never buy from them. Let me tell you my story:

My order #98727, I placed Thursday August 24, 2006 for a Sony DCR-DVD405 camcorder. I asked the sales person, "Jason" if he would ship the camera overnight. He basically told me for an additional $100 he would send it overnight. Since in needed the camera to record a little league football game on Saturday, September 1st, I agreed to the outrageous over charge.

Friday August 25, I received order confirmation - all is going well, I feel like I'll get the camera in time.

Saturday August 25, I start to get a little worried. I called Jason, and he wasn't available so I was sent to voice mail. I left Jason a voice mail asking him to send me an RMA in case I needed to return something. I didn't hear anything from Jason for hours, so I called back, asking to talk to sales this time...Amazingly I got through to someone, who then put me through to Jason's voice mail when they realized I wasn't looking to buy something. Since I didn't get any satisfaction from Jason, or anyone else at InfinitiPhoto I sent them an email requesting the RMA. Guess what, I never got an RMA.

Monday August 27, called and left Jason a voice mail, asking if the camera had shipped. No response.

Tuesday August 28, called Jason again...still nothing

Wednesday August 29, remember I paid $100 to express ship...oh well. I called again, and of course I got patched into Jason's voice mail. I asked Jason to please cancel my order. In addition to the voice mail, I sent an email asking them to cancel the order. Unfortunately for me, email cancelations are against their policy. Imagine that, my only proof of order cancelation is against their policy. You'd think these days that email would hold up as a defensible document. Well it doesn't; ask Bank of America, they would not dispute the charge because I didn't have any proof that InifinitiPhoto received and read the email, and I also had no proof that they ever listened to my voice mails...thanks Jason.

Wednesday August 29 (still), I called ButterflyPhoto, and they shipped the camera that day. I received the camera from ButterflyPhoto Thursday August 30. They never tried to sell me anything I didn't want and they did what they said they would do...ship the camera right away.

Friday September 1, InfinitiPhoto ships the camera that should have already been in my hands. They also bill my Bank of America card. Thanks Jason.

Tuesday September 5, I finally receive the camera from InfinitiPhoto. It's a good thing I paid for that express shipping. It only took 2 weeks to deliver.

Wednesday September 6, I ship the camera back to InfinitPhoto, at my expense of course.

Tuesday September 21, InfinitiPhoto credits my card, less the $100 for express shipping.

Butterfly good, Infiniti bad
:mad2: