0 0%
  • Rating

0 0%
  • TechonDigital

0 0%
  • Rating

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Broadway Photo and their brethren-stay far away from these folks!

The dealers to beware of are those who ask for a phone confirmation.
    1. Broadway photo-- see threads devoted to them-I echo every worst imaginable experience found on those threads
    2. Camera Addict ( duh! like someone with a last name of addict would be your good buddy?) Guess what-same folks as Broadway Photo run this store!:blush2:
    3. 1Wayphoto.com- tried to sell me an out of market (gray) camera without letting me know that it would have no warranty, then gave me the battery spiel. More on the dread 'battery spiel' below.
    4. Tecchon Digital-never talked to 'em but here are some tell tale signs.
    Look at this search engine results-which is a 'sponsored' link on the google search for the Canon digital rebel xti:

http://www.everyprice.com/item.asp?i...FSg8IgodZBAohA

The results for customer reviews of the stores are featured immediately under the name of the dealer; Broadway Photo and Camera Addict both have over 5,000 reviews. The reviews however, especially for Broadway Photo, are suspect. Everything is black and white; thousand of rosy reviews all parroting one another. The bad reviews reflect what is on this site-BroadWay Photo and brethren are a bunch of hookers, pimps and guys with lead pipes who will threaten you and bully you. Sad to say, I did not know what I know now, that they are also crooks. I was so desperate and tired of shopping that fatigue allowed me to over-ride my better judgment

The Battery Spiel and Scam

One thing about us Americans-we are hooked on electronic gadgets that run on batteries and we've all had the run of the Good, the Bad and 'they just plain old Ugly 'in our hike along the used battery trail. BroadWay Photo and Brethren sales folks hop on the pony and ride down this trail with you- to with:
    1. "Canon's supplied battery is essentially not worthy of being called a battery, so you MUST purchase this extra special long lasting battery that only BroadWay Photo and brethren can supply - it's much better than that crap Canon supplies which will only last 15 minutes. . . " I'll summarize this spiel which I've been given six times: Canon originally supplied a battery with the Digital Rebel XT 350 that was lees than perfect-the NB 2L. It gave the camera a runtime of approximately 2 hours plus or minus 30 minutes-not horrible but not good either-so hey, buy another battery or get the grip which Canon supplies and load up two batteries for five hours. In short--- live with it. The new upgraded battery the NB 2LH lasts five hours or 500 shots whichever comes first -500 shots in 15-20 minutes? Pretty snappy snappers those fingers of yours!

My Broadway Photo Brethren sold me this $28.00 'Upgraded' battery and charger-part of the lie and spiel the Brethren use to make you think your getting something Canon does not supply-

I looked at other features of the Canon but had not dug into the details of the battery so got taken for a $200 ride-the difference between my 'better' $28 Canon clone and the rip off from Broadway. Throw in an extra $40 for handling and $ 45 for 2-day Fed Ex that I did not ask for and you've got the manure topping for a sweet deal.

I've learned:
    Stay with a reputable super dealer like Amazon.com (essentially a reference service to find deals) whose dealers by the way, do not include the ilk of Broadway Photo and brethren, or, go with the dealers listed on usa.Canon.com. This is true of other manufacturers also, Nikon, Sony, etc.

Just found this juicy web site http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/#180
    Goes into great detail with photos
    Also the Better Business Bureau gives these stores as clones of Broads' Way Photo (typo intended)
    Business Contact Information
    Name:
    BROADWAY PHOTO
    Additional Business Names:

A&M Photo World
    Best Camera
    Camera Addict
    Cameratopia
    Digital Liquidators LLC
    Ghu, LLC
    Millenium Camera
    Preferred Photo
    Prestige Camera
    Quest4Cameras
    Regal Camera
    TheDigitalExpo
    Tronicity
    Wild Digital LLC
    Address:
    337 East 89th Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11236
    The rest of the report confirms that Broad Way Photo and brethren are legalized crooks.
    http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?id=68047
    Anyone who is interested in pooling to take legal action please email
    rverne10@sbcglobal.net
    Last edited by rverne10; 03-30-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Re: Broadway Photo and their brethren-stay far away from these folks!

I left a negative review of Broadway Photo on Everyprice.com, it was never approved nor have I ever seen any bad ones somehow?

Some of the search engines obviously get payola from Broadway photo so they are filled up with positive reviews. Those 'reviews' are suspect because if you read them, and I encourage you to read at least 50, they are all saying
    "Great prices"
    "Friendly Sales staff" (gag me)
    "Easy Returns"
    All of which confirm those are huge issues that BWP has and are the hooks the whores use:rudeness to rebuff returns, abuse people who try to return stuff but first send it so fast you can't return it without paying the 100-200 $ restocking fee.

I was lucky and read some of these forums after ordering but BEFORE calling them to confirm. I was then hit with the spiels and asked to cancel my order. Naturally his attitude changed and he slammed down the phone.
    Thanks all!!

Thread Information