Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
    jmp

Broadway Photo--false advertising

I ordered my camera from BroadwayPhoto.com. They emailed the next day and said I had to call them to verify my order before it would be shipped. When I called, they proceeded to pressure me into buying accessories for my camera. When I got upset and said I did not want to buy anything else, they told me that the camera I ordered was a Japanese model, had all Japanese charaters on it and a Japanese instruction manual, and if I ever wanted to have it serviced, I would have to send it to Japan. The American model, if I wanted it, would be an additional $50. I was angry and told them to cancel my order. I then looked back at their website. NOWHERE does it say anything about it being a foreign model camera. DO NOT USE purchase from www.broadwayphoto.com!

Re: Broadway Photo--false advertising

Yes, there are hundreds of posts on these scammers. Stay away! There is an official thread here too.
    We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet, we haven't learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters.

http://www.myspace.com/johnnybukkake

Re: Broadway Photo--false advertising

i bought a cannon tx1 powershot form broadway photo... i did my research.
    put the order thru online. got a call from a costumer rep.
    "we just received your order calling to confirm that"
    i said "yes, that is me"
    he says "you know we have a special with the same camera in it that would save you money"
    i said " oh really, what is it?"
    he says " you can get all these added lenses, lenses and batteries and extended warranty for not much more"
    anyways... he talks me into paying for 2 lenses that are not compatible to the camera... i confirmed that with cannon... sends me a dead battery that does not hold a charge well... a knock off battery... and to top it off they sell me a 5 yr warranty and the company does not exist anymore...

i was super ripped off...

not sure where they get there products but ... i would never buy anything from them again.

when i spoke with cannon and the lens manufacturer about the products and they both confirmed that the products where not compatible ... broadway photo still insisted they where compatible ( l.o.l) they are out of there minds.

from what it seems from my conversation with them... they seemed to be so sort of a fundamentalist group... the way the spoke.
    trying to persuade me by fear... and how honorable they were.

there tune changed when they found out i was an attorney...
    they sent me a bunch of free stuff.

but never admitted to there lies... and now after a year the camera does not work.

terrible... warning to you all.

Thread Information