Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thumbs down beware of bestpricecamera.com

Two important sites to have on hand when you deal with www.bestpricecamera.com. One is for the US Postal Service Internet Mail Fraud Division, the other for NY Attorney General Office.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/complaint..._consumer.html.

http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/fo...Complaint.aspx

Here is my story...

I can not believe the government allows this place to operate. I contacted their Customer Service a couple times, however the more I dig, the more I find out how much I was screwed by this company.

Their salesmen are liars, check out some of the reviews BestPriceCamera.com has on the internet, I wished I had before contacting them.

Regarding the liar I dealt with…

***He told me they were an authorized Canon dealer. That was a lie.

***He told me that he was sending me a 2 GIG memory card. That was a lie.

***He told me he was sending me a table top tripod. That was a lie.

***He told me he was sending me 2 long life batteries. That was a lie.

***He told me the 3 piece lens filter kit had glass lenses, they are plastic. That was a lie.

***He told me he was sending the 580 flash, but it was on backorder and I would get it in a few days. I never received it, that was another lie.

I called in to purchase a Canon #11 package with a Canon 580 EX Speedlite, for a total of $1,008. I was charged $1,392 and received a grey market camera, never received the flash, the 2 GIG card, the table top tripod, or the extra long life battery. Instead I got a $30 plastic lens set, a $39 tripod, a “high end” substitute camera case, a 5 year extended warranty, and one $49 battery. I was charged $743 for $268 worth of merchandise. After several calls to "customer service" and arguing with the rep, they finally sent me the small tripod, memory card (which is not the one they advertise coming with the camera) and battery. I was still shorted and charged for the flash and glass filter lens set.

I called Mastercard and they are sending me the paperwork to file a complaint, I will be filing a complaint with the NY District Attorney (see attachment), the FTC, every internet review site I can find, and anything else I can think of. In fact this looks like a perfect story for a show like Dateline, they could do a nice installment on bait and switch internet camera dealers.

Re: beware of bestpricecamera.com

There are tons of stories like yours about this place. Hope you get reimbursed and hope these guys get shut down eventually.

Thread Information