Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
    50+ Years of Photographic Experience

Best Source for Internet Purchases (Dealer)

What attracted me to this forum was a Google search for what has to be the absolute worst photo dealer in the entire world, and that is ExpressCamera.com. I have never done any business with these SOB's, but I have been reading complaints about them in forums like this for better than three years.

In a typical year, I will buy about $12,000.00 worth of camera and computer equipment. In the past, I have purchased items from KEH, J&R, Adorama, as well as a dozen or so smaller dealers. I have no real complaints about any of them, but my most favorite source for photographic equipment has to be B&H Photo & Video.

Now, here is the kicker! When I do my state taxes, I click the 'yes box' asking if I made any out-of-state purchases during the taxable years. My high year was 2004 when I paid my home-state just under $1,800.00 in unpaid sales tax.

So, my reason in doing business with B&H is not to save money, or avoid the payment of sales taxes. I continue to do my primary photo business with B&H Photo of New York because over the past 3+ years of buying from them, I have made at least 300 purchases from them, and they have never once (not once) made a mistake with my order.
    Last edited by theDeeZer; 05-13-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Re: Best Source for Internet Purchases (Dealer)

Nice! Thanks for the post. Your reason for giving B&H your business is an excellent one.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by theDeeZer
    So, my reason in doing business with B&H is not to save money, or avoid the payment of sales taxes. I continue to do my primary photo business with B&H Photo of New York because over the past 3+ years of buying from them, I have made at least 300 purchases from them, and they have never once (not once) made a mistake with my order.
    Thank you. This is very gratifying.

B&H is who I use form now on, thanks to Bway photo.

Thread Information