Hi all! I am new to the boards and was wondering if you could help me find a great place to check out cameras in Chicago, IL. I am on the Indiana side, about an hour outside the city. Around here, there are really no camera stores that I can go in a look around at. There is one store in Mishawaka, but it is mainly a pro store and I am not a pro. I currently have a nice point and shoot (Lumix), but I am looking to upgrade to a good digital bridge camera with good zoom capabilities like a Fuji Finepix or a lower-end DSLR.

I am looking for a bigger camera with manual options because I have outgrown my old camera. I want something substantial (no superslims) that has a good battery life and is easy to take with me.

I am going to be spending my Jr. year abroad in the UK, so I really would like to preserve all the memories I can. I need a better camera for this. I just don't even know where to look! If you have any idea of places in Chicago (downtown loop preferable), I can visit them when I go into the city to get my visa.

My price range is about 450 dollars or less.