Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: beachcamera.com

Question beachcamera.com

Hi, I'm looking at a camera outfit (n75 w/tamron 28-200 F/3.8-5.6 XR SUPER) at beachcamera.com. Has anyone had any experience with this retailer?

Thank you

Liz

Good Experience

Beachcamera has their only real live store in NJ. I purchased a small p&s last year to use as a 2nd camera, but returned it because I got soft images which was my problem due to camera shake. They were very nice and did not charge me any kind of penalties for returning the camera. I know their prices are excellent for the most part, usually lower than most places. They have a nice store also. I would just be very clear that you can return the camera if you're not satisfied.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Beachcamera has their only real live store in NJ. I purchased a small p&s last year to use as a 2nd camera, but returned it because I got soft images which was my problem due to camera shake. They were very nice and did not charge me any kind of penalties for returning the camera. I know their prices are excellent for the most part, usually lower than most places. They have a nice store also. I would just be very clear that you can return the camera if you're not satisfied.

Liz
    Thank you for your prompt reply Liz. Their prices are what drew me to their site. Unfortunately you can't shop by price alone. It's nice getting feedback from someone that has actually purchased from them.

It appears as though they do allow returns on cameras. However, as with most electronics places there is a restocking fee.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Karla

Liz

Restocking fee

Let me just say that when I explained that the reason I was returning the camera was due to the fact that I had a problem with camera shake, and the camera I purchased exaggerated it, they didn't charge me the restocking fee. They were very nice. Also, if the camera is defective - or if you're exchanging it for another camera, I don't think they will charge you a fee. However, if you call their 800# they will answer any questions.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by kgeissler
    Thank you for your prompt reply Liz. Their prices are what drew me to their site. Unfortunately you can't shop by price alone. It's nice getting feedback from someone that has actually purchased from them.

It appears as though they do allow returns on cameras. However, as with most electronics places there is a restocking fee.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Karla

Re: Restocking fee

I bought my camera from www.buydig.com, which is a division of Beach. I am totally pleased. They had a great price, and even though I took the free shipping option, it only took three business days to get my camera. I just bought a new lens from buydig.com, and I got it just as quickly.

Ranter and raver.

Re: beachcamera.com

I pruchased my Pentax *istDS from Beach. They were the only US dealer to have it in stock, so I was really worried that they didn't really have it, but were listing it as in stock in anticipation of a shipment. Well, they shipped it the same day that I ordered with free shipping (well, it was a $900 camera). I haven't had to talk to them or return anything, so I haven't needed much service, but that's a good thing.

Thread Information