Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Banana Boat - Nikon D40 Really Cheap

The Nikon D40 is 329 Dollars here...should I buy it here? Or is it going to be different from what I expect..'

http://www.bananaboatcamera.com/nikond40.html

Re: Banana Boat - Nikon D40 Really Cheap

Hello, My name is Corey, I am into the digital photography. Take photos of every thing out there. All diffrent subject matter. Now. I too am wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about BanannaBoat Camera. (They have a price on the Nikon D2xs that is very low! $2029.00 !!! Anyone hear of anything good or bad?

Thumbs down RE: Banana Boat - Nikon D40 Really Cheap

Take a good look at Banana Republic's website. Read the copy and pay attention to color scheme graphics and tone. Did you read the review when a customer refused to purchase accessories what they said to the customer when they called to confirm order and how Banana Republic hung-up. Just like Bestprices and Enterprise hung-up when I tried to get details about the product, did not even let me finish my question. Poor Contact information and About Us. Crude template kind of storefront web setup. I am just learning all this as I try to purchase a Nikon D40 after having searched everywhere for a Panasonic DMC FZ30K that I was unable to find at a descent price. :mad2:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Banana_Boat_Camera
    should tell you what you need to know.

Tel

Yeah, always check Reseller Ratings!

Oh, and Beach Camera (good on Reseller), has a D50 for 380$, so you might wanna check that out.

Canon Digital Rebel with Quantray 19-35 F3.5-4.5 basically Glued on. :P

Run a mile! These guys are nothing but a typical Brooklyn scam operation, running a "bait and switch" scheme. You order the camera, they call you and try to make you add all sorts of expensive extras. If you refuse, you will be told your camera is a gray market model, and will be on back order - permanently. They will never deliver the camera at the advertised price - period.

These people are the scum of the earth - I cannot understand why the New York AG hasn't closed them all down and thrown them in jail.

Thread Information