Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Bait and switch and genius cameras.com collecting info from others

Genius cameras.com is advertising a panasonic dvx100a for sale. When i called to purchase it for 1699.00-the advertised price..i was told they don't even sell it and was recommended to buy the 100b for 1,000 dollars more, This is a violation of fcc rules and is referred to as bait and switch.I would like to know who else has experienced similar problems with this company. I have contacted the attorney general in my state, contacted the fcc and better business bureau and waiting for a response.

Im hoping a remedy can be applied and right now it is too soon to tell. I would appreciate getting in contact by email with any other persons who have had these problems with geniuscameras or any other online reseller. Together we can put an end to false advertising practices.

Re: Bait and switch and genius cameras.com collecting info from others

Same company as the two A&M Cameras threads refer to. Funny the camera mags still take their money for ads. Also known as DigitalLiquidators.

Re: Bait and switch and genius cameras.com collecting info from others

They tried to pull something similar w/ my sister. When she caught on, they called her 'stupid' and told her if she refused the package they would 'ruin her credit'. She's in the process now of disputing the charges on her card. She called the BBB, Consumer Affairs, Star Ledger in NJ, put a fraud alert on her credit through Experian, Trans Union etc and called several other's to file complaints. Hopefully these people will get caught and shut down.

Thread Information