Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

B&H Photo Great Customer Service

All,
    I've been trying to buy a Nikon D50 for a while and have always seemed to just miss them. I wanted the D50 mostly because it works with the lenses I already have without buying a camera that honestly is more than I can use.

After many frustrating misses I decided to drop B&H a line and see if they'd notify me when one was available. To my surprise they got back to me, not a salesman, but the top guy in their customer service to let me know they had one in and I could have it before they posted it online.

At the rate these go online, the fact that they were willing to sit on it to let me decide was a pleasant surprise. Did they lose anything by letting me see it first, "not really, they would've still sold it easily". What did they gain, "a loyal customer". Simply putting a person first, even for a moment, is not that common these days. As far as I'm concerned these guys are top notch.

Re: B&H Photo Great Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by KevinP
    After many frustrating misses I decided to drop B&H a line and see if they'd notify me when one was available. To my surprise they got back to me, not a salesman, but the top guy in their customer service to let me know they had one in and I could have it before they posted it online...As far as I'm concerned these guys are top notch.
    Thank you. Much appreciated!

That's good to hear. I'm cosidering ordering from B&H.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

I think I've personally helped keep B&H in business over the past couple years, and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Once I bought a strobe from them which wouldn't fire consistently when I wanted it to, or it'd just fire randomly. I gave them a call, got an RMA #, and had a new one in about 2 weeks.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

I know everyone loves B & H and for the most part I do too. I still am not satisfied with their policy on returning computers though. Especially when you get a defective unit upon arrival and they refuse to take it back. Not acceptable.
    We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet, we haven't learned to walk the earth as brothers and sisters.

http://www.myspace.com/johnnybukkake

Thread Information