Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

B&H, OneCall, Midwest Photo Exchange All Good

Hi Folks,

I am a new user and don't know if you want repetitive feedback but here is my online experience.

I bought the Canon 70-200 F4L and a 580EX from B&H. Great service that everyone else gets.

I bought the 5D with the 24-105 F4L IS from OneCall with same great service.

I bought a Strobist kit with pocket wizards from Midwest Photo Exchange (mpex.com). Service was great and order arrived on time.
    Johnny

Re: B&H, OneCall, Midwest Photo Exchange All Good

Thanks for your post, Johnny. Cumulative feedback is what it's all about. The more people post about a dealer, the more valid the overall opinion is. I think most of us know about and have had the same experience as you with B&H. B&H is definitely one of the very, very best.

I haven't bought from OneCall or Midwest Photo Exchange, though. So it's nice to see some good feedback on them. I see OneCall on the Web all the time. I'll have to check them out next time I buy something.

Please consider posting some equipment reviews in our user reviews, too. User reviews for cameras and other photo gear are the foundation of this site.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: B&H ... All Good

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I think most of us know about and have had the same experience as you with B&H. B&H is definitely one of the very, very best.
    Thanks to you both. This is very gratifying and much appreciated.

B&H is always good. And having Henry available on the forums is a big plus. I remember Henry from the CompuServe days even. As well as Chuck Westfall from Canon.

mpex.com took the time to assemble kits for those of us who follow David at www.strobist.com. And I think their prices were competitive on the things I bought including pocket wizards.
    Johnny

I have been doing business with B&H for a good many years.
    They are about the best retailer for photo/video gear. Very professional staff,
    fast delivery, good prices, and they are great at working with customer problems,
    returns, service, etc.
    With the exception of one camera lens (Amazon), all my stuff came from B&H.
    They also send me a HUGE professional gear hardbound catalog every year that
    is awesome, and weighs more than my phone book collection

I think other companies should model themselves after B&H. I love their website very easy to navigate, customer service is stellar and products are top notch. They will get my money in the future.

keep up the great work, bob

what about ADORAMA great service too ?

Adorama is a good place to get equipment also, that is why they are on the recommended list of sites to purchase equipment at. Take a look here....

Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Angry Re: B&H, OneCall, Midwest Photo Exchange All Good

B&H is great. Not always the lowest price, but their service is first rate. I've never ordered from One Call so I can't comment on them.

I did just place an on-line order with Midwest Photo Exchange (November 19, 2010) for a new Canon ipf6300 printer.

I called to find out about the printer availability, price, shipping, etc., and was told they had the printer in stock and they confirmed the price of $2,399.95. I was told the printer would ship out, probably Monday, the 22 of Nov and I would receive an e-mail confirmation.

Monday came and went with no e-mail so I called yesterday and again today - twice today. I asked to speak with Sam who is their printer guy and the one I spoke with last week about the price and shipping. He wasn't available - out to lunch.

Sam finally called back late in the afternoon after I said I needed to know what was going on with the order so I could go elsewhere if there was a problem.

Naturally, as luck would have it, there was a problem because the price they quoted me and that is still listed on their web site and which Sam confirmed last week ($2,399.95) and is the price they invoiced me for, they now say they cannot honor. The "new" price is @ $300.00 higher. During the call it was obvious Sam wasn't going to sell me this printer for the price they quoted and invoiced me for so I canceled the order and bought the printer from another vendor.

Bottom line in my opinion is after they realized their mistake (I noted that even today - Nov 22, 2010 their web site still lists the price as $2,399.95) they didn't really want to talk to me (when I called @ 1:15 I was told Sam would be notified of my call and he would return my call as soon as he got back from lunch) because they couldn't meet their obligation to honor the price I was quoted and invoiced.

Avoid these guys and stick with one of the larger, reputable organizations like B&H, ColorHQ, IT Supplies, etc.

Needless to say Midwest Photo Exchange won;t ever be getting any of my business in the future.

Thread Information