Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

42photo.com or 17photo.com

Hi, wanted to buy a canon rebel xt and i wondered, if anybody made some experience in buyuing at 42photo.com or 17photo.com. They have interesting prices, but i wanted to be sure. Thanks for helping.

Re: 42photo.com or 17photo.com

Quote Originally Posted by beegee
    Hi, wanted to buy a canon rebel xt and i wondered, if anybody made some experience in buyuing at 42photo.com or 17photo.com. They have interesting prices, but i wanted to be sure. Thanks for helping.
    beegee, I just checked them out at the link I provided...........STAY AWAY!!!!!

If you know anyone who's interested in purchasing photo equipment pass along that link I gave you. Remember.....if it looks like a good deal, chances are it isn't.

Stay away from both…..
    Go with a reputable dealer like B&H, http://www.bhphotovideo.com.

Why stay away from 17photo? They have good reviews on resellerratings.com

They have what I want at a good price. Should I not buy from them?

Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

17th Street Photo is NOT a bait and switch as far as I can tell. I have bought from them before and received the items promptly. 42nd street IS a scam.
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

Thanks for the reassurance. I looked them up on MSN shopping too, and although they have no ratings, it does say "Nikon USA-Authorized Dealer". I happen to be buying Nikon.

I have no knowledge of 42photo.
    I have bought from sever on-line stores. Have gotten a little hard sell but mostly good
    results. But resently have gotten like a lot of other on-line buyers and getting scared of the scams out there.

So, I have been thinking of buying from 17photo. Seems I did buy from them a few years back from a purchase on E-bay and was very satisfied with the purchase. But still I went to the BBB and looked them up and it was not a bad report.
    Rovowen

Smile Re: 42photo.com or 17photo.com

This if for the wonderful people at 42photo: You are doing a great job! I must compliment you from start to finish on all the wonderful selection, easy researching and ordering of my product, and of course speedy delivery. My item got to me before the promised date. AA+++ To all of you. www.42photo.com

Smile Re: 42photo.com or 17photo.com

This if for the wonderful people at 42photo: You are doing a great job! I must compliment you from start to finish on all the wonderful selection, easy researching and ordering of my product, and of course speedy delivery. My item got to me before the promised date. AA+++ To all of you. www.42photo.com

If you haven't buy from 42nd, please stay away from them. One time I had to call the police, because they were cheating on a tourist.
    17photo.com is the place were I buy any canon equipment. 42photo.com RUNNNNNNNNN!]

Question Re: 42photo.com or 17photo.com

To me the positive reviews seem to be a little bit too positive. I have to wonder. Is it possible for 42Photo to be writing some of these reviews.
    I would advise anyone to stay away from any vendor who does not post an address or has to call to verify the ORDER, CREDIT CARD, MAILING ADDRESS, ETC. That is not why they call. They call to get you to order more merchandise. And may time if you don't they won't sell you what you ordered. They use the old 'it is out of stock at this time' story.

Thread Information