ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Your favorite place to eat thread.

and ... a couple of food shots. I don't go to these places a lot, but I do enjoy going there when the occasion warrants.

The story behind the Wenda doll: on another forum I frequent, we did a "doll around the world" thing (just like Rufus), and this was my turn with her.

Pic #1: I stopped at the Britt Inn on Oakland Ave one Sunday afternoon for a bite to eat. It's an English style pub owned by an Englishman. Well apparently they hadn't served food on Sunday for about a year, but this day they were starting a brand-new experiment, English style. The owner liked to give his cooks Sunday off, but he also wanted to offer his customers something to eat, so on Sundays he goes in and cooks up the one dish he knows how to make: Chicken Curry. It's all they offer, so if you're there on a Sunday and you're hungry, that's what you get. Well, I got the very first plate, and boy did the owner hover over me, asking if I liked it, should he change it, etc. It was good, but spicy.

Pic #2: Swig, on Broadway. (Adina, it's just down the road from the Wicked Hop.) Went there for my birthday this year, and had this spinach gnocchi with scallops in red pepper sauce. It was okay, but my girlfriend's food was way better. I like going there because they offer tapas-style plates, so you don't have to eat a large dinner if you don't want to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your favorite place to eat thread.-pc070050.jpg   Your favorite place to eat thread.-pc050037.jpg  
    Last edited by opus; 01-08-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

A few more from my birthday:

1) Wenda had a free birthday margarita at the Highland House on North Port Washington Road.
    2) Wenda had a free pear martini with dinner at Swig.
    3) Wenda shared a glass of wine with my friend at intermission at the Milwaukee Symphony Pops concert.
    4) The after-dinner drink at the Stackner Cabaret put Wenda over the edge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your favorite place to eat thread.-pc050032.jpg   Your favorite place to eat thread.-pc050035.jpg   Your favorite place to eat thread.-pc050039.jpg   Your favorite place to eat thread.-pc050041.jpg  
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

If I'm eating thread,then I'm a dragon from the planet Pern.
    -So here's one of me aloft,taken @ my rider's favorite 'Stone Cafe",Bandung.
    (It boasts a 360 view over the city,and serves very long,very cold tropical fruit drinks)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your favorite place to eat thread.-dsc00258.jpg  

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

One of the places that I like to go and eat. Sorry about the picture, I only had my phone.

White Palace Grill.

This was the Tex/Mex Skillet

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your favorite place to eat thread.-img00148.jpg  

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

For Chinese new year, the Paddyfields restaurant in Oxford.
    We were the only two left finishing off our banquet, when the Chinese families started arriving for their evening meal and celebration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your favorite place to eat thread.-img_3340.jpg   Your favorite place to eat thread.-img_3348.jpg   Your favorite place to eat thread.-img_3349.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by susaan
    If I'm eating thread,then I'm a dragon from the planet Pern.
    -So here's one of me aloft,taken @ my rider's favorite 'Stone Cafe",Bandung.
    (It boasts a 360 view over the city,and serves very long,very cold tropical fruit drinks)
    I'm more of a fire lizard person myself.
    Anne never did say how to get the poop off the wherry-hide jacket though.

I'd love you to go there again and point the camera down a little more, more city and less tree at the top, just because I want to see the city amid all the green.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information