• 12-30-2005, 11:48 AM
    jorgemonkey
    4 Attachment(s)
    Your Best Photos from 2005
    Here are some of my best photos from 2005. Lets see yours!
  • 12-31-2005, 12:32 AM
    natatbeach
    4 Attachment(s)
    Re: Your Best Photos from 2005
    I love the feather with the beads of water

here's my four favorites for the year----
  • 12-31-2005, 09:08 AM
    Chunk
    4 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    Here are some of my best photos from 2005. Lets see yours!

Those are great shot Jorgemonkey. I especially like the colored seascape and the feather.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane that I took while looking at my shots from this year. It made me realize how successful this year has been for me in getting shots that I like. It was hard to pick just 4 shots. I probably wouldn't pick the same 4 tomorrow.

I hope a lot of folks post in this thread.
  • 12-31-2005, 09:15 AM
    Chunk
    Nice choices Nat. I like how you catch your daughter's pensive mood. Have you played with your food lately?
  • 12-31-2005, 09:28 AM
    Old Timer
    4 Attachment(s)
    I would not say these are my best of 2005, but they were the ones I had here at work and I do like them all. Hope you do too.
  • 12-31-2005, 08:47 PM
    paulnj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I would not say these are my best of 2005, but they were the ones I had here at work and I do like them all. Hope you do too.

While ALL these images are great in my opinion.... EVERY LAST IMAGE POSTED IN THIS THREAD!!... Pictures of children and families are ranked highest to me :) Hard to believe coming from a nature shooter huh :cool:
  • 01-01-2006, 01:16 AM
    masdog
    I love the last one, Chunk.
  • 01-01-2006, 07:42 AM
    payn817
    4 Attachment(s)
    You all have probably seen them before... but here goes.

Btw, I started shooting May 25, 2005, so I still got some catching up to do :( but, I guess not too bad for 6 or so months...
  • 01-01-2006, 08:41 AM
    swmdrayfan
    There are some excellent pictures here. I won't embarass myself by posting any of mine.:)
  • 01-02-2006, 05:00 AM
    LeeIs
  • 01-02-2006, 07:42 AM
    srobb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    There are some excellent pictures here. I won't embarass myself by posting any of mine.:)

After looking at all the pics so far, that is my feeling, too. I have a long way to go to equal the shots in the thread so far.
  • 01-02-2006, 08:17 AM
    payn817
    Quote:

Originally Posted by srobb
    After looking at all the pics so far, that is my feeling, too. I have a long way to go to equal the shots in the thread so far.

Come on guys, I posted mine!! Don't let me be the only noob posting in this thread...

Mine aren't the greatest, but they are some of my best, you shouldn't be ashamed of your work, everyone here knows this is a learning process. Looking back sometimes helps you to move forward, maybe you will find where you want to go, or what you want to try for the next year. For me, it is about fun and a challenge, if I let it stop being fun, I'll lay down my equiptment.
  • 01-02-2006, 08:26 AM
    Chunk
    4 great shots Larry. I don't think I've seen that 'baby doing a bridge' shot or anything like it before. The dandy is one that I still need to do successfully for myself. You can't find a better picture of a Grandmother's love anywhere.
  • 01-02-2006, 08:29 AM
    Chunk
    Thanks Masdog, so do I. It was one of the shots I gave to Mom for Mother's Day this year. It's not our farm but it's some Wisconsin scenery for her walls in Arizona.
  • 01-02-2006, 08:32 AM
    Old Timer
    Thanks Chunk. I appreciated your kind words. Jack is becoming my favorite subject, wish I had him around full time to take pictures of. I just hope that 2006 will be a fruitful year for my photography. I need to find an inspiration.
  • 01-02-2006, 08:38 AM
    Old Timer
    I really like #4. Your post improved month by month thru out 2005. You are no doubt the master of the pattern shots. I hope that I can improve my eye this year and start to challenge you in this category. If I were to make a New Years resolution it would be to put myself in better picture taking situations. Like geting up and out and catching the fog like you did early in the morning. Great year with the camera Chunk.
  • 01-02-2006, 09:40 AM
    mjs1973
    4 Attachment(s)
    Here are a few of my favorites from 2005.
  • 01-02-2006, 09:43 AM
    mjs1973
    1 Attachment(s)
    One more that I really like.
  • 01-02-2006, 11:03 AM
    srobb
    4 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by payn817
    Come on guys, I posted mine!! Don't let me be the only noob posting in this thread...

Mine aren't the greatest, but they are some of my best, you shouldn't be ashamed of your work, everyone here knows this is a learning process. Looking back sometimes helps you to move forward, maybe you will find where you want to go, or what you want to try for the next year. For me, it is about fun and a challenge, if I let it stop being fun, I'll lay down my equiptment.

Ok, payn, just so you don't feel lonely. ;) :D :D

Here are a few of mine I feel are the best. I will try to post a few more that I have that have not been posted on PR yet.
  • 01-02-2006, 11:18 AM
    Old Timer
    A year to be proud of Michael. I like that first on the best. The whole feel of the image grabs me. Love the silky look of the water fall.
  • 01-02-2006, 11:25 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by payn817

Amen on the fun part!! That's what it is all about folks. If it ain't fun than don't do it. This thread is not a contest. Just a chance for everyone to show case what they think are some of their best from last year. It's going to be a hoot to go back and check this thread out in 12 months. Come on everyone join in the fun. Make this one of the biggest threads of the year.
  • 01-02-2006, 12:45 PM
    adina
    Mine you've probably seen....not so much best as favorites...

I did much more shooting other peoples kids than I did my own this year, and I have a lot of nice ones from those, but I decided to go with my own stuff.
  • 01-02-2006, 12:52 PM
    adina
    This list would be different if I picked tomorrow or yesterday, but for today...

I just went thru my 2005 photo and pulled the ones that caught my eye right now.
  • 01-02-2006, 01:16 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    This list would be different if I picked tomorrow or yesterday, but for today...

I just went thru my 2005 photo and pulled the ones that caught my eye right now.

Beautiful as always Adina. I think all our list would change from day to day. I know my favorites change very often.
  • 01-02-2006, 03:12 PM
    Axle
    http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...05/lr05_12.jpg
    sun shining through the trees (PYPS Leadership Retreat)

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...05/lr05_26.jpg
    on the rock (PYPS Leadership Retreat)

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...joc/joc_13.jpg
    the jars of clay equipment case (Jars of Clay Concert)

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...5/con05_14.jpg
    Steeple Chase (PYPS Convention)

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...05/sf05_19.jpg
    Sunrise over Echo Lake (PYPS Spring Fellowship)

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...5/uem05_05.jpg
    Ruined Industry (Dec UE Meet)

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...5/uem05_34.jpg
    Down the long path (Dec UE Meet)

http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...5/uem05_17.jpg
    Controls (Dec UE Meet)