ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Your Best Photos from 2005

Here are some of my best photos from 2005. Lets see yours!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Best Photos from 2005-2005-09-10_187.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-2005-12-14_007.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-2005-12-14_040.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-2005-12-19_015.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Re: Your Best Photos from 2005

I love the feather with the beads of water

here's my four favorites for the year----
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    Here are some of my best photos from 2005. Lets see yours!
    Those are great shot Jorgemonkey. I especially like the colored seascape and the feather.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane that I took while looking at my shots from this year. It made me realize how successful this year has been for me in getting shots that I like. It was hard to pick just 4 shots. I probably wouldn't pick the same 4 tomorrow.

I hope a lot of folks post in this thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Best Photos from 2005-01.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-02.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-03.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-04.jpg  
    ----------------------------

Nice choices Nat. I like how you catch your daughter's pensive mood. Have you played with your food lately?

I would not say these are my best of 2005, but they were the ones I had here at work and I do like them all. Hope you do too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Best Photos from 2005-dsc_2121-2-640.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-dsc_7081.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-dsc_6017.9.640.pg.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-dsc_8494-3.640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    I would not say these are my best of 2005, but they were the ones I had here at work and I do like them all. Hope you do too.
    While ALL these images are great in my opinion.... EVERY LAST IMAGE POSTED IN THIS THREAD!!... Pictures of children and families are ranked highest to me Hard to believe coming from a nature shooter huh
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

I love the last one, Chunk.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

You all have probably seen them before... but here goes.

Btw, I started shooting May 25, 2005, so I still got some catching up to do but, I guess not too bad for 6 or so months...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Best Photos from 2005-102_10701.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-111100_21211.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-100_2553.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-100_1166-1.jpg  

There are some excellent pictures here. I won't embarass myself by posting any of mine.

My favourites for this year are.

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Quote Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    There are some excellent pictures here. I won't embarass myself by posting any of mine.

After looking at all the pics so far, that is my feeling, too. I have a long way to go to equal the shots in the thread so far.

Quote Originally Posted by srobb
    After looking at all the pics so far, that is my feeling, too. I have a long way to go to equal the shots in the thread so far.

Come on guys, I posted mine!! Don't let me be the only noob posting in this thread...

Mine aren't the greatest, but they are some of my best, you shouldn't be ashamed of your work, everyone here knows this is a learning process. Looking back sometimes helps you to move forward, maybe you will find where you want to go, or what you want to try for the next year. For me, it is about fun and a challenge, if I let it stop being fun, I'll lay down my equiptment.
    Last edited by payn817; 01-02-2006 at 08:27 AM.

4 great shots Larry. I don't think I've seen that 'baby doing a bridge' shot or anything like it before. The dandy is one that I still need to do successfully for myself. You can't find a better picture of a Grandmother's love anywhere.

Thanks Masdog, so do I. It was one of the shots I gave to Mom for Mother's Day this year. It's not our farm but it's some Wisconsin scenery for her walls in Arizona.

Thanks Chunk. I appreciated your kind words. Jack is becoming my favorite subject, wish I had him around full time to take pictures of. I just hope that 2006 will be a fruitful year for my photography. I need to find an inspiration.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I really like #4. Your post improved month by month thru out 2005. You are no doubt the master of the pattern shots. I hope that I can improve my eye this year and start to challenge you in this category. If I were to make a New Years resolution it would be to put myself in better picture taking situations. Like geting up and out and catching the fog like you did early in the morning. Great year with the camera Chunk.

Nikon Samurai #13

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Here are a few of my favorites from 2005.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Best Photos from 2005-3093_hyde_millcb.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-alix1.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-img_5110_bryce.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-3665_owl.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

One more that I really like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Best Photos from 2005-crw_7564.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by payn817
    Come on guys, I posted mine!! Don't let me be the only noob posting in this thread...

Mine aren't the greatest, but they are some of my best, you shouldn't be ashamed of your work, everyone here knows this is a learning process. Looking back sometimes helps you to move forward, maybe you will find where you want to go, or what you want to try for the next year. For me, it is about fun and a challenge, if I let it stop being fun, I'll lay down my equiptment.

Ok, payn, just so you don't feel lonely. ;)

Here are a few of mine I feel are the best. I will try to post a few more that I have that have not been posted on PR yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Best Photos from 2005-deadwood_-web-.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-morning-light-2-.jpg   Your Best Photos from 2005-sepia-cabin.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A year to be proud of Michael. I like that first on the best. The whole feel of the image grabs me. Love the silky look of the water fall.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by payn817

Amen on the fun part!! That's what it is all about folks. If it ain't fun than don't do it. This thread is not a contest. Just a chance for everyone to show case what they think are some of their best from last year. It's going to be a hoot to go back and check this thread out in 12 months. Come on everyone join in the fun. Make this one of the biggest threads of the year.

Nikon Samurai #13

Mine you've probably seen....not so much best as favorites...

I did much more shooting other peoples kids than I did my own this year, and I have a lot of nice ones from those, but I decided to go with my own stuff.
    Last edited by adina; 07-01-2006 at 09:21 AM.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

This list would be different if I picked tomorrow or yesterday, but for today...

I just went thru my 2005 photo and pulled the ones that caught my eye right now.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    This list would be different if I picked tomorrow or yesterday, but for today...

I just went thru my 2005 photo and pulled the ones that caught my eye right now.

Beautiful as always Adina. I think all our list would change from day to day. I know my favorites change very often.

Nikon Samurai #13

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

sun shining through the trees (PYPS Leadership Retreat)

on the rock (PYPS Leadership Retreat)

the jars of clay equipment case (Jars of Clay Concert)

Steeple Chase (PYPS Convention)

Sunrise over Echo Lake (PYPS Spring Fellowship)

Ruined Industry (Dec UE Meet)

Down the long path (Dec UE Meet)

Controls (Dec UE Meet)
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information