• 01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
    Mike Platts
    Re: Your Best Photos from 2005
    Wow! I expected to see a few nice images when I opened this thread, but wasn't expecting this. You could make a book from these...Awesome!!!!!!

I'll need to dig deep :)

Mike
  • 01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
    JSPhoto
    2 Attachment(s)
    Argh! I wish I could add to this, but the papers got the really good good stuff, so I am adding two lone shots from the state football finals. These are from different games.

The first is a cheerleader who had just turned around and flashed this smile when she saw the camera :)

And the second is a sign these kids made, and although they are related to the coach the sign says it all.....were all hoping he decides not to retire!

JS
  • 01-03-2006, 06:35 AM
    Old Timer
    Nice JS, but nobody said you couldn't post a couple of sports pics. You have had some awesome post over on the sports board this year.
  • 01-03-2006, 09:09 AM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Nice JS, but nobody said you couldn't post a couple of sports pics. You have had some awesome post over on the sports board this year.

They are about sports :) .... but I wanted something different :) This way I'm not too one dimensional...hahaha

JS
  • 01-03-2006, 09:48 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    They are about sports :) .... but I wanted something different :) This way I'm not too one dimensional...hahaha

JS

I know the feeling JS. I tried to pick some photos with a little diversity to them for this thread.

OT, thank you very much for the kind words. I'm looking forward to summer so I can try out a shot like your dandylion image. :)
  • 01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
    dbutler
    2 Attachment(s)
    Am I too late because I wanted to add one as well. These are of my pup Max. Well, he's over two years old but he will always be a puppy to me. He is a rescue and was seriously abused after failing his first hunting season. When he came to us, he would have nightmares of whatever was done to him and wake up howling and terrified. It would sometimes take me hours to get him calm again. But he has adjusted very nicely in only one year. The only problem I had remaining was that he was terrified of the camera and would run and hide everytime I pointed it at him, especially if the flash would pop. To get him used to it, I just took tons of shots of our other "puppy" Sam and Max finally decided he would allow me to shoot him. And these are the results. The first one (I call it "sexy Max") has plenty of problems with it, but have anything to do with him or his expression :) ). The other I've kept partially in shadow since he still has a long way to go before he is out of them. Just had to share (I'm such a bragging type of mom!!)
  • 01-03-2006, 02:12 PM
    Paul.S.
  • 01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
    masdog
    Hi Paul. I love the middle shot. Could you please tell me more about it?
  • 01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
    Sebastian
  • 01-04-2006, 06:24 AM
    Old Timer
    It would be hard to forget any of these. Your small display showcased a lot of diversity in your skills. Thanks for sharing them with us.
  • 01-04-2006, 06:30 AM
    Old Timer
    Wonderful photographs Paul. Hard to find something to dislike here. The cave shot is a real eye pleaser. Thanks for joining in the fun.
  • 01-04-2006, 08:19 AM
    jorgemonkey
    Some many beautiful photographs! Its hard to pick out of all of these that I could call my favorite.
  • 01-04-2006, 10:28 AM
    almo
    http://luyckxnet.no-ip.org/luyckx_tk...joc/joc_13.jpg
    the jars of clay equipment case (Jars of Clay Concert)

You need to submit this image to The Jars. This is the kinda thing they use for album art. Its really a wonderful image!
  • 01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
    Paul.S.
    I agree with Almo about the Jars image, they might, umm pardon the pun, snap it up! :)

Great shots Seb, love the laptop product shot.

Thanks for the kudos. The cave shot is a post composit of a photograph balanced for the grottos opening and another shot balanced for the water. The times on them were 3 seconds and 25 seconds. To much range in tone to get it one clean snap.

cheers

P.
  • 01-04-2006, 10:41 AM
    almo
  • 01-04-2006, 02:09 PM
    Nuck
    Some pretty inspiring photo's, great job all around
  • 01-04-2006, 06:14 PM
    Knight
    4 Attachment(s)
    Inspired by Almo , Whos the greatest Bug Man alive :) And 2 from my newest passion Birding :) PaulNJ has me hooked :)
    And Nuck im a PS Z 740 user also :)
  • 01-04-2006, 07:08 PM
    Axle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almo
    You need to submit this image to The Jars. This is the kinda thing they use for album art. Its really a wonderful image!

hm, that's an excellent idea guys, thanks. I know that Dan (lead singer) has probably seen it as I posted the said image on the Jarchives boards which the guys have been know to frequent.

Great shots everyone, I love 'em
  • 01-05-2006, 07:37 AM
    swmdrayfan
  • 01-05-2006, 08:17 AM
    Old Timer
    Very nice. Love the baby picture. There is such a soft newborn feel to the image. And the double play breakup is right on the money.
  • 01-05-2006, 10:39 AM
    srobb
    4 Attachment(s)
    Thought I would put a few more up here.
  • 01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
    srobb
    4 Attachment(s)
    So everyone does not think I am just nature/wildlife minded when it comes to pics. :D :D
  • 01-05-2006, 11:12 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by srobb
    So everyone does not think I am just nature/wildlife minded when it comes to pics. :D :D

This is a departure from what we have come to expect from you. You pulled it form great. Nice addition to you portfolio.
  • 01-05-2006, 12:26 PM
    srobb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    This is a departure from what we have come to expect from you. You pulled it form great. Nice addition to you portfolio.

Thanks, OT. Just like to keep everyone on their toes. Have some good pics of it full on so I may try to find them.
  • 01-05-2006, 03:12 PM
    payn817
    3 Attachment(s)
    Chunk was right, I can't make up my mind about my fav's either... here's a few more. :D