• 11-11-2008, 06:46 PM
    Frog
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: You. In one shot.
    always liked the color I got in this one
  • 11-11-2008, 06:54 PM
    Old Timer
    Yes , this one tell me all I need to know about you and your photography Julie. Nice choice!
  • 11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loupey
    This sums it up pretty well.

Excellent choice Loupey. You are the one that stands apart in the crowd when it comes to nature photography.
  • 11-12-2008, 08:59 AM
    Lori11
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hmmm, Me in one shot means I will post 2 lol This is from Bike Week in Daytona in February. What a great thread, and awesome photographers here! I am enjoying looking at all the great work by all of you :)
  • 11-12-2008, 01:17 PM
    Sushigaijin
    this is a great thread!

My style is constantly in flux as i gain experience. Even the arsenal of lenses at my disposal influences it - the better one knows their equipment, the better one can decide which shots they can and cannot get.

I got into photography to shoot wildlife, and that is where I am most comfortable. I dabble in people, landscapes and whatever else interests me, but by and large my catalog is nature.

My goal in wildlife photography is to humanize my subjects. What is this guy thinking?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/...c4dd9be5_o.jpg
  • 11-12-2008, 05:43 PM
    EOSThree
    1 Attachment(s)
    This took some thought. I really don't know if it's me in one shot or not, it's one of my favorite subjects, and one of my favorite times of day, and one of my favorite captures.
  • 11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
    Liz
    Julie -

I LOVE THAT PHOTO! It is truly awesome. May I ask how you got that one?

I really like your photos - your style stands out. Very creative and you certainly have the photographer's eye. I have to check out more of your shots - I don't go to the sports forum because I don't have the interest that much. However, seeing shots like this, I think I'll peruse over there now and then.

Thanks for posting this one.

Liz
  • 11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    always liked the color I got in this one

GREAT shot Frog! I can see why you like the color. It's awesome. I love the composition - and the wide angle.

Liz
  • 11-12-2008, 10:55 PM
    Jimmy B
    1 Attachment(s)
    I would have to say this is a defining shot for me, Taken at sunrise 1/1/08. I really like the challenge of night/ or low light skyline shots. I like the area of this country that I call Home.
    Jimmy B
  • 11-12-2008, 11:02 PM
    Lori11
    Jimmy, thats stunning!
  • 11-13-2008, 09:17 AM
    artbob
    Style is the method or approach to the subject.
  • 11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
    poodlenuts
    I love photos that make your imagination work, your all so gifted :-)) very beautiful photos well done !!
  • 11-13-2008, 10:34 AM
    OldClicker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loupey
    This sums it up pretty well.

With all of your beautiful nature shots with excellent detail, I'm glad you picked this one. I've seen it about 50 times in the last month and LOL every time. - TF
  • 11-13-2008, 12:17 PM
    JETA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    Julie -

I LOVE THAT PHOTO! It is truly awesome. May I ask how you got that one?

I really like your photos - your style stands out. Very creative and you certainly have the photographer's eye. I have to check out more of your shots - I don't go to the sports forum because I don't have the interest that much. However, seeing shots like this, I think I'll peruse over there now and then.

Thanks for posting this one.

Liz

Thanks Liz. You are so sweet.

I took this pic right after I broke my leg and couldn't walk. I laid flat on my back and the boys huddled around me. They were so funny because they kept saying "this shot is going to be sick". I remember thinking, I hope sick is good. lol

I used my 15mm fisheye for this one.
  • 11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
    Jimmy B
    Thanks Lori11.
    There are some pretty amazing shots on this thread!!
    Jimmy B
  • 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA

I remember thinking, I hope sick is good. lol

I had a senior guy's friend say that about his pictures once. I had to ask "is that good or bad?"

They reassured me it was a good thing. :D